Join our Southeast Region development team at American Friends of the Hebrew University (AFHU), a national, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to support the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, one of the world’s most distinguished academic and research institutions. Since its inception, Hebrew University’s scientists, scholars and researchers have been committed to solving the most pressing global challenges of our time.
About the Opportunity
The Development Assistant will report to the Leadership Development Director of the Southeast Region and will be an integral part of the development team?, helping to manage our Florida office and support frontline fundraising staff. The coordinator will have the opportunity to work in collaboration with members of AFHU National staff, colleagues in Israel and interface with the Southeast Region’s leadership on all aspects of fundraising, donor management, and events. This role offers a unique opportunity for a driven and dedicated professional who is interested supporting a mission driven non-profit organization which strengthens Israel and positively impacts the world.
Schedule: Currently, our workforce works in a hybrid format with the flexibility to work from home several days a week and visit our Hollywood, Fl location once or twice a week, or as needed.
- Support the Leadership Empowerment And Development (LEAD) initiative.
- Support communications from the Southeast Region office – including drafting and facilitating regional correspondence (acknowledgement letters, stewardship materials, donor reports, and tribute, birthday, condolence, and holiday cards).
- Serve as one of the frontline customer service representative for the Southeast Region office, receiving phone calls and relaying both verbal and email messages to appropriate staff members
- Collaborate with development, finance, accounts payable, marketing, alumni relations, and donor recognition team members.
- Process and code incoming gifts; link gift with corresponding opportunity within database.
- Liaise with donors to ensure proper inscription and recognition.
- Maintain database; ensure moves management and relationships are properly tracked in Raiser’s Edge.
- Help manage the Southeast Region donor collections, outstanding pledges and invoicing procedure.
- Process expense reports and reconcile credit card expenses for AFHU Concur expense system.
- Serves as the point person for mail pick up, deliveries and postage.
- Manages office, maintains supplies, stationery and registers guests.
Event and Meeting Management & Execution
- Assist regional events, including webinars, parlor meetings, mission, fundraising galas and meetings:
- Research event venues, available dates, and costs.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure timely and correct delivery of services, execution of contracts and payment of vendors.
- Prepare meeting/event materials such as place cards, name tags, seating lists, agendas, and donor-visit materials.
- Request solicitation permits and report final financials with proper government offices.
- Compile mailing lists from lay leadership and maintain database records.
- Track event attendance and revenue.
- Assist in event publications such as tribute journals and advertisements.
- Coordinate and organize pre- and post-event correspondence.
- Order event awards.
- Assist staff with table seating.
- Staff events as needed (greeter, check-in, troubleshooting etc.).
Serve as back up for other administrative staff on an as needed basis.
Special projects as assigned.
- 2-3 years of relevant fundraising, sales or non-profit experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge NXT or similar CRM donor management is preferred.
- Experience sending mail merge and email merge.
- Creative, highly organized, and detail-oriented individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage concurrent processes/projects.
- Superior organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Must have excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Willing to handle diverse workload, with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to filter and summarize large quantities of written information.
- Professional demeanor, discretion and ability to handle confidential materials.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and the public.
- Experience with design applications for invitations such as Canva a plus.
- Strong writing and internet research skills.
Salary Range: $60,000-$65,000
AFHU offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to Medical and Dental Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403B Retirement Savings Plan, TransitChek Program, Employee Assistance Program as well as a generous time off/holiday policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply for the position using the following link: https://afhu.applytojob.com/apply