Senior Accounting Manager
Location: Fairfield, NJ
About NJY Camps:
NJY Camps (NJY) is one of North America’s premier Jewish summer camp organizations. Comprised of five overnight summer camps, NJY serves children of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities. NJY’s mission focuses on supporting the growth and development of every individual member of its community so that they can learn new skills, develop greater self-confidence, and foster a strong Jewish identity. Having recently celebrated its centennial anniversary, NJY is reimagining its next 100 years. NJY Camps serves more than 3300 campers, over 800 summer staff, across 2000 acres of land. For more information, please visit our website.
About the Position:
The Senior Accounting Manager will supervise the day-to-day management of NJY Camps’ accounting department. Supported by other members of the team and working in collaboration with a consultant from YPTC (Your Part Time Controller), they will handle all daily transactions, AP, AR, cash management, audit, reporting, and reconciliation. During the summer, the Senior Accounting Manager will be expected to have a strong presence at the camps’ Milford, PA location to supervise the expanded accounting needs of the organization, as well as its seasonal payroll. This position will report to the CEO, and consult with NJY Camps’ YPTC personnel.
- Manage general ledger and month-end close processes, including preparation and review of journal entries, bank and account reconciliations, and data analytics
- Work with the Director of Data Systems to maintain and manage camper database and reconciliation of database to financial software
- Assist with financial reporting, budgeting and board/management projects
- Audit preparation and interaction with auditors
- Assist annual IRS Form 990 and NJ State filing review support
- Assist with implementing standard accounting policies and procedures
- Supervise accounting staff, including AP, AR and merchant service functions
- Manage summer and year-round payroll procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional accounting experience
- A proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Nonprofit accounting or public accounting experience is preferred
- CPA certification is a plus
- Experience working independently, with a great deal of autonomy, and in a flexible work environment
Skills and Qualities:
- Versed in Accounting, Donor, and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database software
- Strong Excel skills
- Exemplary attention to detail and organization
- A self-starter and go-getter with excellent initiative
- Strong time-management capabilities and the ability to stay on top of multiple priorities
- Comfortable working in an adaptive and ever-changing work environment
- A collaborative team player who enjoys working with professionals from all generations
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm for blending work and play
- Exemplary leadership qualities
- A strong commitment to NJY Camps’ mission and a passion for Jewish summer camp
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range of $100-120K based on a full-time 40-hour work week during the off season and expanded summer expectations
- Family health and dental insurance with employer cost share of 85%
- Full summer camp tuition included for any eligible camp-aged children (approx. value of $10,000 per child).
- Flexible hours and hybrid office environment
- Discretionary time off policy and parental leave
- Significant investment in professional development
To Apply: Please submit a COVER LETTER AND RESUME to [email protected] with subject: Senior Accounting Manager. Receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged within two business days.
NJY Camps provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. NJY Camps encourages individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. In order to increase equity in hiring, NJY Camps prefers not to receive informal referrals from individuals with personal connections to NJY Camps and cannot factor such referrals into the selection of candidates for interviews.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.