Jewish Council for Youth Services (JCYS) is a 115-year-old, Chicago-based nonprofit organization that provides early childhood education and camping programs to children of all religions, races, and ethnicities across Chicagoland. With a budget of $11 million and a 190-person staff, JCYS programs touch over 2,000 families a year through five locations. In addition, JCYS’s board of directors is a training ground for future civic and philanthropic leaders while they serve as important fiduciaries of the agency.
Our mission informs everything we do: Guided by Jewish values and culture, Jewish Council for Youth Services provides educational and recreational programs for Chicagoland’s children and, through board service, develops the next generation of Jewish civic leaders.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for directing and managing all Human Resource functions and will ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, agency policies, and benefit plan requirements. The Director of Human Resources is a seasoned professional who is fluent in best practices in recruitment, hiring, training, safety, supervision, and separation.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proven HR professional to join a wonderful team in senior leadership of an established and well-regarded social service agency. At JCYS, we have a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Oversees payroll functions and executes biweekly payroll processing management.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- At least seven years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws and regulations required.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be a great team player.
JCYS is an equal opportunity employer and serves children and families of all races, religions, ethnicities and socio-economic levels.