The Center for Jewish Life at Beth David is an evolving entity growing to shape our future Jewish community as a welcoming, pluralistic, culturally diverse community and home for Jewish learning, living, and continued exploration.
As we build The Center, we are also working towards redesigning our approach to Jewish communal life and education by integrating community programming alongside a robust experiential Jewish education through our outstanding Gordon School and Tikvah Center. Education, life-long learning, and family engagement are at the core of The Center as we continue to explore meaningful ways to support our families and community in personal and communal exploration of Jewish identity.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and executing our marketing strategy. You will lead our marketing campaigns, evaluate our marketing performance metrics, and collaborate with internal teams. You will have a strong marketing background with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Identify, manage and execute all the communication and marketing needs of the different areas of the organization (Programming, School, Synagogue, etc). Such needs include but are not limited to: letters to members and school parents, announcements, newsletters and email blasts, among others.
- Strategically manage owned, earned and paid media to reach target audiences effectively and increase awareness and engagement of the Center.
- Oversee the organization's website, ensuring it reflects our mission, values, and activities. Regularly update website content, including news, events, and resources. Optimize website performance for search engines and user experience.
- Execute Social Media strategy. Conceive, create and post content for the social media accounts of The Center for Jewish Life at Beth David and The Gordon School.
- Execute Marketing Plan, on time and on budget, and actively participate in the creation of such Marketing Plan (along with the Executive Director, Marketing Consultants and other persons who might be included by the Executive Director) which will include tentpoles like membership drive, High Holy Days and other jewish festivities, school enrollment campaign and fundraising campaigns.
- Liaise with graphic designers and/or creative agencies. Determine priorities, manage workload and supervise design services. Give feedback and follow up on edits from creation to completion.
- Prepare and execute a plan to seize all fundraising opportunities, i.e. Give Miami Day, High Holy Days appeal and special fundraising events.
- Plan and execute marketing events and initiatives to promote the Center for Jewish Life at Beth David’s business units: School, Programming, Rituals.
- Liaise with media vehicles and marketing services providers in general. Vet and recommend vendors, a process that will include as appropriate receiving proposals, reviewing portfolios of recent work, obtaining estimates, negotiating rates, managing and campaigns, and requesting reports.
- Facilitate an understanding of the Center’s marketing strategy to staff and lay leaders, including preparing visual reports for monthly Board Presentations to report all Marketing initiatives and results.
- Manage and report Marketing Budget.
Requirements and skill set:
- BS or BA in the Marketing, Communications and/or Media fields.
- An interest in Jewish faith, history, culture, and customs, which includes being comfortable with all denominations and being aware of Jewish customs from around the world (for example, Ahkenazi v Sephardic).
- Ability to work on site 70% of the time. Ability to, at times, work flexible hours in order to participate in events that are not held during normal working hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Polished and detail oriented.
- Proficiency managing the main social media platforms that include but are not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and X.
- Proven track record of supervising designers as demonstrated in completed projects that can be presented during the interview process. Design capabilities using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator a plus.
- Flexible, patient and willing to work with a team in constant growth. Able to interact with lay leaders, members of the Center community, and the public as a representative of the Center.
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred. Hebrew fluency is a plus.
- Immediate availability.