Program Coordinator, JTConnect (Jewish Teen Learning Connection)
Jewish Teen Learning Connection (JTConnect) is seeking an innovative and enthusiastic Program Coordinator of our Jewish teen educational program in the Greater Hartford community. Our Program Coordinator helps to create a connected community for over 300 Jewish teens and their families of all denominations, backgrounds, and levels of Jewish knowledge and observance.
JTConnect is an independent Jewish teen education and engagement nonprofit organization with four pillars that house our core programs: Jewish Learning & Leadership, Social Action Projects, Teen Philanthropy (our TLPI program), and Social Events that coincide with the Jewish calendar year. JTConnect offers meaningful opportunities for teens to come together to learn, build relationships and community, create positive change in the world, and celebrate Jewishly throughout the year, with accessible, inclusive, and pluralistic Jewish teen programming that evolves with the needs of our community.
What You’ll Need
- A passion for Jewish education and teen engagement, and experience working with teens, families, and community partners.
- Leadership skills to play a visible and valuable role in the community to serve as a liaison to teens, parents/families, and partners. Comfortable working directly with the community and being able to speak professionally one-on-one and in large groups.
- An enthusiasm for leading and organizing JTConnect’s Social Action programs, and should have interest and meaningful experience participating in and/or leading social action projects.
- A college degree, and relevant experience in the field of teen engagement (youth groups, camp, etc) a plus.
What You’ll Do
Program Coordination and Planning:
- Coordinating weekly JTConnect programs by ensuring staff and partners are up to date on upcoming programs, acting as a point person whenever we offer a program to the community where you are present, purchasing and transporting materials/supplies for classes and programs at our various partner sites.
- Supporting the Executive Director by participating in program planning and development, taking part in brainstorming sessions and curriculum development, and by supporting new initiatives with a sense of ownership and pride.
Social Action Leadership and Coordination:
- Planning and coordination of social events that bring teens together to celebrate Jewishly in partnership with the ED
- Liaising and bearing special responsibility for our social action pillar of programs to ensure preparation on all sides, overseeing staff support structure for each event, and ensuring teens have a meaningful Jewish experience when they come together.
- Supporting recruitment efforts for all aspects of the JTConnect program including but not limited to online marketing, email communications, direct recruitment conversations with parents and teens, and supporting our partners in recruitment by being available to talk about programs, field questions and concerns, and help to ensure that we are reaching as many teens and families in our community possible.
- Teaching classes on either Monday and/or Sundays as needed. This Jewish educator role is one that is expected to grow over time, building on your experience teaching and a level of professionalism, planning, and curriculum development will be required throughout the year.
- Experience a plus in using Google Drive, Canva, Wufoo, Constant Contact, Stripe, Wordpress website updates
- Registration, recruitment, regular communications, program coordination and preparation, and events.
What You’ll Gain
- The ability to engage and inspire teens to deepen their understanding and connection with Judaism and the Jewish community.
- Experience working with exceptional staff in a positive environment, opportunities for growth and professional development, the chance to partner with nonprofits from across the Greater Hartford area, and building belonging among teens in the community.
- The chance to work, live, and influence the future of one of CT’s largest and most vibrant Jewish communities. https://www.jewishhartford.org/destination-hartford
What Else You Should Know
- This is a full-time position. As a teen education and engagement organization, this role requires work on Sunday mornings and Monday evenings. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Benefits Available: Health Insurance, 4-weeks paid vacation, paid holidays including Jewish holidays off, CT Family Medical Leave, and the ability to leave early for Shabbat.
- While this position is an in-person role, there is flexibility and remote work is possible where appropriate as determined by the Executive Director.
- Details about the weekly program and events are available https://jtconnect.org/
Compensation: $40,000 - $42,000, commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Caroline Poland at [email protected] JTConnect is an Equal Opportunity employer.