Goldring/Woldenberg Institute of Southern Jewish Life
The Goldring/Woldenberg Institute of Southern Jewish Life (ISJL) supports, connects, and celebrates Jewish life in the South, partnering with more than 100 diverse communities across a 13-state southern region.
The ISJL is currently seeking a dynamic educator to serve as Assistant Education Director in one of the most unique and important positions available in today's Jewish education field. This position incorporates teaching, curriculum development, community building, supervision, mentoring, and more—all in a supportive, creative, nontraditional setting.
In partnership with the Director of Education, the Assistant Education Director will:
- Create vibrant Jewish learning environments for students of all ages
- Mentor ISJL Program Associates (PAs) based in Jackson—recent college graduates who commit to 2 years serving the south as Jewish educators
- Develop training sessions and coordinate professional development opportunities for PAs, as well as for educators in partner communities
- Update and implement a comprehensive, multi-grade curriculum
- Recruit new partners through phone calls and in-person visits
- Help oversee the annual ISJL Conference for 150+ participants
- Communicate effectively internally (staff of 15) and externally, including managing communications pieces such as a weekly e-newsletter, promotional materials, and social media posts from the ISJL Education team,
- Consult with communities about adjustments to their implementation of the program
- Travel periodically to lead Shabbat worship, learning sessions, and various programs with communities throughout the region
- Be part of a supportive, collaborative team, working together to deliver excellent programming throughout the region!
Salary: $54,000 and benefits. Masters in Jewish Education preferred.
Position based in Jackson, Mississippi.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and sample lesson plan to Molly Levy, ISJL Director of Education ([email protected]).
Learn more: www.isjl.org