Temple Judea is a dynamic Reform congregation of over 650 households in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida and our motto is joyous Judaism that inspires action.
We are seeking part-time religious school teachers for the 2022/23 school year.
Our staff works as a team to develop formal and informal educational programming for children in grades K-6 and their parents and families, including work in the classroom, special programs for Shabbat and Jewish holidays, services projects, etc.
26 Sundays from 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. from August - May.
Occasional community building Shabbat or holiday programs during the school year might also be scheduled.
In addition to prior teaching experience, applicants should have:
1) a deep commitment to Jewish educaiton and a love of working with children
2) a bachelor's degree (or are working towards one) as well as prior teaching and /or youth leadership experience
3) excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
4) an understanding of central themes in Jewish education such as holidays, lifecycle, and texts
5) the ability to create and implement hands-on, interactive, and engaging lesson plans and teach with enthusiasm
6) in person learning is planned for 2022/23 academic year and we require employees to be vaccinated
In addition to a highly competitive salary, teachers also receive a free annual membership to the temple.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to Morli Josza, Executive Director, at [email protected]