Religious School Instructor
Beginning Hebrew Reading and Tefilot
Shalom Torah Aura Curriculum
The Religious School Instructor for Beginning Hebrew Reading and Tefilot will use the Shalom Learning Torah Aura program to teach 8 – 10 year olds Hebrew decoding and prayer.
The class will meet Tuesdays for a total of two hours, including snack time and breaks plus one hour per week of preparation time. The class meets in-person.
The Instructor will foster a supportive, creative, and dynamic setting. This is a weekly, part-time position (3 hours per week) Tuesday, “after-school” position.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Lesson planning using Shalom Learning Torah Aura curriculum
- Written student assessments and progress reports
- Communication with parents
The successful candidate:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree with a BA in Education, Judaic studies or comparable experience
- Has experience in creating and implementing innovative and fun learning experiences
- Is skilled at engaging youth
Salary $30 - $40/hour commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should send their resume to
Linda Tondow, Executive Director
201 S Third Ave.
Highland Park, NJ 08904
Highland Park Conservative Temple – Congregation Anshe Emeth, located in central NJ with Rutgers University in its “backyard,” is a member of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism (USCJ) with an active, “shul-going” congregation. Highland Park is a small community with many synagogues, kosher restaurants, and a kosher grocery store. A “walking community” we are 30 miles from Manhattan, within walking distance of the New Brunswick train station.