Founded in 2017, Trybal Gatherings is the leading provider of Jewish camp experiences for young adults and their friends. Trybal reimagines Jewish gatherings in a modern world by offering innovative getaways for young adults to connect, explore, play, and celebrate in a socially Jewish context.
Set in picturesque landscapes across North America, the Trybal experience is designed to welcome participants into a dynamic community during an unforgettable weekend escape.
Trybal maintains a team of 4 full-time staff, 70 seasonal staff, and an operating budget of approximately $2 million and has a significant presence in the New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Seattle communities.
To learn more about Trybal Gatherings, please visit: https://www.trybalgatherings.com/
Trybal Gatherings seeks an engaging, charismatic, and creative program leader to design and execute meaningful and engaging gatherings that spark excitement and connection amongst the young people who attend. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the senior leadership team of one of the most buzzworthy entrepreneurial ventures in Jewish engagement.
The ideal candidate is an outside the box thinker who loves staying on top of trends, is passionate about cultivating culture and innovation, and pushes the limits of creative engagement. Both strategic and inventive, the Director will design inspiring and transformative experience that surprise and delight, guaranteeing attendees discover connection and meaning where they least expect it.
The Program Director will report to and work in close collaboration with the CEO.
Program Strategy and Leadership
- Lead the organization in cultivating innovation and experimentation in program design and implementation.
- Research and bring bold ideas (and people) to Trybal’s events, resulting in strong emotional connections between participants and Trybal.
- Cultivate strong relationships with staff and participants alike, acting as an accessible role model for both.
- Partner with the CEO and COO to identify and implement a strategy to scale Trybal’s programs while maintaining quality.
- Lead program planning, management, and production phases of all programs and events.
- Oversee the design and execution of vanguard experiences, including 10-12 camps and 20+ in-person events nationally year-round
- Leverage millennial trends to create buzzworthy and meaningful Jewish experiences.
- Create seamless events rooted in a strong programmatic arc, using intentional touchpoints for an unparalleled participant experience, engagement, and retention.
- Lead the end-to-end design of diverse and cutting-edge programs, customizing them to geographic region and audience.
- Identify opportunities to weave informal Jewish education into secular experiences in a way that is unique and surprising.
Program Management and Participant Experience
- Manage Trybal’s program calendar, coordinate with Trybal teams and external partners.
- Develop and foster relationships with high-impact partners identifying opportunities for collaboration and engagement.
- Serve in the pivotal role of “camp director” on-site at camps and emcee several events around the country year-round.
- Ensure best in class programming; analyze and leverage data to refine, enhance, and elevate experiences ensure Trybal’s programs are in line with the organizations mission and strategy.
- Oversee and lead pre-camp onboarding and alumni follow up; develop opportunities to engage with participants outside of camp and events to keep them engaged with Trybal and its community.
- Manage vendors in collaboration with operations team.
Staff Management and Organizational Culture
- Determine optimal program staffing needs and oversee all recruitment and hiring processes for staff, ensuring a team well-positioned to execute engaging and exciting camp experiences in line with Trybal’s mission.
- Work closely with Trybal’s Chief Operating Officer to manage staff hires.
- Develop, organize, and lead local and national staff trainings.
- Foster and encourage national and local staff development with a particular emphasis on creative programming and delivery of immersive experiences.
- Develop pathways for Trybal alumni to step into leadership roles within programs and/or the organization.
- 7+ years of relevant program design and implementation experience preferred.
- A passion for Trybal Gatherings’ mission and a love for creating transformative experiences.
- Demonstrated experience developing and running complex and innovative programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Jewish millennial cultural landscapes of Trybal’s core cities including Boston, New York City, Chicago, Atlanta, LA and Seattle.
- Proven ability to produce large-scale events, build and manage program budgets.
- Experience managing large teams.
- The ability to communicate information with diverse audiences (e.g., staff, participants, partners, vendors).
- Experience recruiting and hiring exceptional talent.
- Exceptionally organized with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Creative and resourceful, with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality and ability to tackle challenges you’ve never seen before.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to take on new opportunities and challenges with high energy and enthusiasm.
- A collaborator, able to develop strong relationships internally and externally.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- A passion and skill for fostering creative connection.
Salary and Benefits
Trybal Gatherings offers a competitive salary range of $90,000 to $110,000 for this position and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Monthly allowance towards health insurance
- Monthly contribution towards telecom needs
- Generous PTO policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- Retirement plan
This is a remote position. Candidates on the east or west coasts or in Chicago are preferred.
This position is based upon material provided by Trybal Gatherings, an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please click HERE.
Jess Black, Senior Talent Consultant
Merav Schwartz, Associate