This position reports to the VP for Advancement who in coordination with will identify and cultivate donors and implement targeted solicitation strategies designed to maintain and increase giving. The Senior Director will be responsible for significant campaigns in additional to annual campaign responsibilities. She or he will plan and execute fundraising strategies and activities for various departments and programs of AJU and develop both long and short-range operational plans to strengthen, grow and track the progress of gifts. The Senior Director will maintain an updated list of prospects; devise effective donor strategies and recognition opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Camp Alonim Capital Campaign
- Liaison with campaign consultants, lay committee and donors
- Staff committees and subcommittees related to the campaign
- Cultivate and solicit donors or track and train lay leaders in solicitation of donors.
- Ensure that all prospect strategies and donor interactions are properly entered into the donor management system.
- Work with office support staff to ensure that all gift agreements and forms related to pledges and gifts are executed, properly stored and monitored
- Manage donor stewardship and naming of various aspects of camp including plaques and donor walls
- Communicate regularly with VP of Advancement as to the progress of the campaign
- Identify and research potential gift opportunities for specific departments and programs of the University. In consultation with the Vice President for Advancement, solicit donors and prospects. (See attachment)
- Plan, organize and help to implement all fundraising activities for donors including but not limited to special events, donor recognition, house parties, and cultivation visits
- Guide the prospect management work of the Dean and/or Director of assigned school or program, including the identification of prospects and appropriate cultivation moves. In coordination with members of Advancement Team, implement and execute on a moves management system within Raiser’s Edge/NXT and ensure donor moves and touches are tracked.
- Provide advisory board support for assigned programs. Cultivate and solidify relationships with members of these boards.
- Work with appropriate staff to ensure that donors remain connected to AJU and in a position to better understand the positive impact of their gifts
- Cultivate and maintain community relationships and outreach. May research and reach out to potential corporate sponsors or contributors.
- Supervise other Advancement Staff members as assigned.
- Participate in advancement-related functions such as marketing, social media, design/preparation of print materials, event logistics and post-event follow-up based on individual skills and University and department needs
- Special projects as assigned by the Vice President for Advancement
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ten years of work experience in a fundraising related capacity
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources and managing campaignspreferably in the non-profit education and/or Jewish community
- Experience in donor cultivation, stewardship and special events
- Good organizational and administrative skills including the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or other donor management software
American Jewish University is a thriving center of Jewish resources and talent built upon core values of Jewish Learning, Culture, Ethics, Leadership and Peoplehood. In 2007, the University of Judaism acquired the Brandeis-Bardin Institute, creating a landmark entity, from then on known as American Jewish University. This new organization now boasts two campuses, a single vision and a shared future. Today, American Jewish University is one of the largest and most innovative Jewish institutions in the country.
Heartened by our vibrant Jewish community, we continue to add faculty, expand our curriculum and develop innovative academic programs that prepare graduate and rabbinical students for rewarding lives – as leaders in the Jewish community as well as society at large. Our graduates are making a difference in the world.
Our role as a leadership training ground is matched by our commitment to provide the broader community with a variety of substantive educational experiences. Our lectures, symposia, special institutes, center for continuing education classes and a wide array of cultural offerings are enhancing thousands of individuals’ understanding of Judaism, and expanding their knowledge about the history, traditions and languages of this glorious ancient heritage.
AJU is committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion in order to achieve excellence. We believe in having a diverse group of students, faculty and staff working together in a climate of respect and support. Our community welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and thank all members of the institution for their continued dedication and support in strengthening the community.