Manager for our Israel Action and Addressing Antisemitism Program (IAP)
Hillel International is looking for a passionate and creative professional to serve as Manager for our Israel Action and Addressing Antisemitism Program (IAP). The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of engaging students and campus communities in proactive Israel programming. They will leverage their relationship-building experience to mentor and support Hillel professionals effectively. Working closely with Hillel International and local Hillel teams, the Manager will contribute to the development of impactful Israel and Antisemitism education and engagement initiatives, responding adeptly to anti-Israel and antisemitic challenges on campuses.
The IAP Manager will report to the Associate Director of the IAP, functioning as an integral part of the IAP team. Candidates based in the Eastern time zone are preferred, and the role, though remote, involves approximately 40% travel. The salary for this position ranges from $45,000 to $60,000.00.
What you’ll do
- Provide support to Hillels addressing anti-Israel and antisemitic activities on campus
- Assist a cohort of campuses in developing and implementing Israel education and engagement programs
- Create proactive educational programming initiatives
- Foster and sustain relationships with pro-Israel partner organizations at local and regional levels
- Serve as a campus consultant for Hillels facing crises and catalysts, as required
- Develop joint programming opportunities for multiple Hillels, including international initiatives
- Manage programs designed to engage Hillel student leaders in proactive Israel programming
Who you are
- Demonstrated understanding of Middle East affairs and Israel's current landscape
- Experience in informal education
- Background in the Jewish communal/non-profit sector
- Basic proficiency in Hebrew
- Experience working with Israelis and/or diverse cultures
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
Skills and experience
- 1-5 years of experience in a related field
- Adaptable and eager to learn on the go
- Composed under pressure and crises
- Outgoing and skilled in relationship-building
- Experienced consensus builder, navigating diverse stakeholders
- Community organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Independent work capabilities
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Genuine interest and personal connection to Israel
Salary and Benefits
The salary range is $45,000-$60,000. Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits plan, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off for Jewish and federal holidays, a flexible work-from-home policy, and professional development opportunities through Hillel U and partner organizations.
Time Zones and Remote Workplace
Our remote team welcomes applications from North America in the Eastern time zone with eligibility to work in the United States. We maintain a flexible work schedule that supports employees in achieving success professionally and personally. Regular in-person gatherings, training, and conferences are expected, despite the remote nature of the position.
Hiring Process and Timeline
- Applications close on January 18th at 5 pm EST
- The formal interview process begins on January 19th and we’re hoping to hire our IAP Manager by February 9th
- We aim to have the selected candidate in place by mid-February
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.