The DuBow Preschool and the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School are part of the Jacksonville Jewish Center, a synagogue affiliated with The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism. The schools are accredited by the Florida Council of Independent Schools and serve the entire Jewish community. We are situated on 34 acres and serve around 180 students with approximately 60 faculty and staff. The Head of School (HOS) reports directly to the School Board, collaborates with the Executive Director of the synagogue, and is advised by the Senior Rabbi on matters related to the Judaic components of the school.
The HOS is the instructional and inspirational leader who oversees the daily operations of the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School and supervises the ECE Director of the DuBow Preschool. Applicants for this position should have an advanced degree, significant classroom and administrative experience and a demonstrated track record of building meaningful and collaborative relationships with students, faculty, staff, parents and the community at large.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to email [email protected] with resume by January 31, 2022.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Leads and directs school operations: Recruits, selects, orients, trains, coaches, and supports staff. Plans, monitors, and reviews staff performance. Ensures compliance with all laws and board policies.
- Sets high expectations for each student: Encourages high academic and social development for all students through the utilization of performance data and continuous progress monitoring. Provides instructional strategies to support the differentiation of instruction when appropriate.
- Supports high expectations for each teacher: Facilitates targeted and timely professional development opportunities to meet the needs of each teacher. Embraces a culture of learning for all and leads by example. Has a strong classroom presence and is engaged in the instructional climate of the school on a regular basis.
- Ensures a safe teaching and learning environment
- Communicates in an effective and timely manner: Communicates regularly with parents and school community on events and programs. Oversees the website, the school calendar, and targeted emails.
- Develops and encourages positive school/community relations and serves as a liaison between the school, staff, and community: Actively engages with the School Board, Executive Director, Senior Rabbi, PTA, volunteers, business partners, and parents to create shared ownership for student and school success.
- Prepares the school budget: Works in collaboration with lay leadership to prepare school budget
- Actively participates in the schools’ annual fund-raising event
- Leads and manages the FCIS accreditation process
- Develops a marketing and image building strategy: Ambitiously oversees and helps implement a successful marketing plan. Oversees and is actively involved in retention and recruitment of students.
- Education: Masters’ Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Educational Leadership/Administration or a comparable field.
- Minimum of five years of elementary and/or middle school experience and a strong knowledge base of early childhood development.
- Interest in serving a Jewish faith community.
- Strong knowledge of current educational models
- Proficient technology skills including student information systems and relevant office technology
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, parents, Center leaders and other stakeholders.
We are proud to offer the HOS an environment that strives to foster a culture of kindness and a strong sense of community. The successful applicant will be working alongside an exceptional faculty who are dedicated to the academic success of each student. Our generous compensation and benefits package is competitive for a top professional in the field.