Perelman Jewish Day School seeks a diligent, detail-oriented and personable Institutional Advancement Associate to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the office of Institutional Advancement (IA). The IA Associate will work closely with advancement professionals and the school-wide community - donors including alumni, alumni parents, current parents and grandparents, members of the Board of Directors, senior administration, faculty/staff, and other Perelman community members - and will be immersed in all fundraising efforts, database management, event planning and acknowledgement processing.
It is of paramount importance that the person in this role serves with honesty, integrity, and trust as they will be privy to confidential information.
- Help support all aspects of the school’s development program including annual fund, parent giving, tax credit programs, calendar of meetings and events
- Navigate and maintain our donor database (Raiser’s Edge) to record gifts and pledges, generate reports, update records, track giving activity and donor engagement
- Assist in the deployment of fundraising materials, including direct mail campaigns, solicitation letters and reports, invitations, etc.
- Manage all acknowledgement communications for all constituencies and funds; seek opportunities to improve process and personalize correspondence to major donors
- Engage constituent groups (parents, alumni/alumni parents, grandparents & board members
- Generate pledge reminders and regular reports
- Assist in the segmentation of donor lists and personalization of outreach
- ssist in event preparations and attend special events
- dentify and provide research for individual major donors, foundations and prospects
- Work with the Business Office to execute deposits, reconcile reports and prepare for audits
- Manage matching gifts, third party donors and donor advised funds
- Develop and manage data analysis as it relates to fundraising and donor recognition
- Prepare all lists for Community Report
- Assist with organization and running of other Institutional Advancement initiatives such as Generations Day, Parent Giving Campaign, etc.
- General administrative duties as assigned by Director
Required Skills, Abilities and Characteristics:
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to exercise good judgment and desire to take initiative
- Self-starter, ability to handle multiple projects, balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to cultivate relationships; knowledge of volunteer/professional dynamics a plus
- Ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and in confidence
- Proficiency in Google suite and spreadsheet programs
- Experience with Blackbaud and Raiser’s Edge software a plus
- Understanding of fundraising and special event planning a plus
Perelman Jewish Day School welcomes applications from women, minorities, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
To learn more about Perelman Jewish Day School, please visit www.pjds.org.