At this time in our country’s history, America faces a crossroads. Will we let toxic polarization continue dividing us, pitting Americans against each other in a race to the bottom? Or will we stand together to rebuild our country and our communities, working together across religious, racial and political divides to build a stronger, more united country? A country that reckons with injustice and with its past even as it moves us forward together. If you want to be part of building that kind of country, not when things are easy, but when we’re faced with a once in a century challenge, join us!
The One America Movement brings people together across religious, racial, political and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, empowering them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our diverse board, staff and leadership circle represent the broad diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing - and acting on - the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a uniquely dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
OUR INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
One America Movement will host an in-person and/or virtual intern to support our Jewish programming. This internship can be tailored to fit students’ interests, availability, and university requirements. However, this internship requires between 10 - 12 hours of work per week and a minimum 6-month commitment with a possibility to extend up to 12 months, pending discussions with your supervisor. Start and end dates are flexible and we can negotiate working hours that overlap with school breaks.
This internship pays $20 per hour and includes weekly professional development discussions on the issues we address and opportunities to engage with senior leadership and external stakeholders.
The Jewish Program Support Intern will work closely with the Director of Jewish Programs and serve as an integral part of a growing organization and team at the One America Movement. As an intern, you will have an impactful experience furthering Jewish and democratic values that push back against the impact toxic polarization is having in the United States. You will have a diverse range of opportunities and responsibilities that will expose you to a growing bridge-building space in the United States and the vital role faith leaders and faith communities have in pushing back against anti-semintism, polarization, and toxic partisanship. This work may include:
- Assisting the Director of Jewish Programs with day-to-day operations and activities.
- Attending virtual and/or in-person activities with program beneficiaries, such as Jewish faith leaders, congregations, and other Jewish organizations.
- Supporting the Director of Jewish Programs in regular reporting processes and monitoring of program activities and progress.
- Conducting research and supporting the development of program content based on the latest best practices and approaches to combating polarization and bridge-building.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year of college education (required)
- Background in Jewish studies or a strong working knowledge of Jewish culture (strongly preferred)
- Strong writing and communication skills (required)
- Proficiency with Google tools and popular social media platforms (strongly preferred)
- At least 10 hours of weekly work availability (strongly preferred)
- Strong academic or professional record (preferred)
How to Apply
Please fill out our Application Form, linked here. You will need to upload your resume and answer questions about eligibility, interest, and availability.
Applications will be accepted through October 31, 2022 and we will begin contacting interview candidates on that date. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to [email protected]. Thank you!