Shirat HaYam, a pluralistic synagogue in Nantucket, Massachusetts seeks a part-time, remote, Marketing and Communications Coordinator (5-10 hours/week) to join our dynamic congregation. We are a largely seasonal congregation of over 200 member families that also offers limited online programming during the off-season.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for assisting with managing all communications and marketing activities related to Shirat HaYam’s activities, including:
- Updating the Shirat HaYam website to reflect new/changed events.
- Coordinating with our Administrator who administers the Constant Contact e-blasts, and with the volunteer involved in placing print advertisement in the Inquirer & Mirror.
- Updating the Shirat HaYam Facebook page to reflect new/changed events and add posts.
- Promoting Shirat HaYam through our Instagram feed.
- Managing Zoom bookings in support of the congregation’s online activities.
- Supporting other communication and marketing efforts as needed.
- Creating and updating attendance, membership and donation records.
Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
Familiarity with, or willingness to learn about, Jewish culture, community and calendar.
Strong writing, communication, editing, and collaboration skills.
Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, Salesforce reporting platform.