Religious School Coordinator
Temple Beth Torah is a Conservative synagogue in Holliston, MA that is now in its 50th year. The religious school at Temple Beth Torah is a vibrant and creative program that prepares our children for their B’nai Mitzvot and covers Hebrew language and Jewish ritual, history, and culture. Find out more about the TBT religious school on our website: https://www.bethtorah.org/learn/religious-school/.
The School Coordinator is generally responsible for the operational aspects of our religious school, which is a hybrid model that meets on Sunday mornings in our synagogue, and Tuesday afternoons virtually. The time commitment is expected to be about 15 hours per week.
- Collaborate on major planning and curriculum with our Rabbi
- Write a weekly newsletter to parents
- Plan for special events such as holiday celebrations and class services
- Coordinate mid-year parent conferences
- Assign B’nai Mitzvah tutors and schedule tutoring sessions
- Coordinate budget and programming with the Education Chairperson
- Evaluate teacher performance on a yearly basis
- Manage teacher payroll
- Hire new teachers as staff changes require from time to time
- Order teaching supplies and books
- Arrange for substitute teachers
Class and Meeting Requirements:
- Must be present in the school on Sunday mornings
- Must attend religious school holiday events
- Conduct a teacher staff meeting every other month
- Participate in weekly Temple staff meetings, 90 minutes Wednesday mornings
- Meet with religious school families to resolve issues as they arise
- Meet with prospective religious school families
- $26,000 to $32,000, commensurate with experience
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Review of applications will continue until an appointment has been made.