Synagogue Administrative Assistant and B’nei Mitzvah Coordinator (Part-time)
Shaarei Tikvah (“ST”) is a progressive, engaged Conservative community in Scarsdale, NY. Our community of almost 270 families has grown 18% in the past two years. We seek an organized individual to provide office support to our Executive Director, clergy and Religious School Director, to help with synagogue events, and to liaise with families with b’nei mitzvah planning. This is a part-time position with the possibility of expanding to full time.
Job Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as a point-person for b’nei mitzvah families, acting as a liaison between families and clergy
- Working with our in-house caterer and outside vendors to organize b’nei mitzvah celebrations and other events
- Providing administrative support for religious and social events and programs
- Preparing publicity flyers for events, coordinating and sending weekly announcements, updating website, assisting with triannual newsletter
- Providing administrative support to Religious School teachers and students, as needed during Religious School hours (twice a week, 3:00-6:30 pm)
- General office work including answer phones, organizing mailings, maintaining shul database
- Working with lay leaders and b’nei mitzvah committee
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy and ability to learn new software quickly: Microsoft Suite, GoogleDrive, experience with ShulCloud a plus
- Social media savvy - can post to FB, Instagram, and do simple edits on our website
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Eager to learn and able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion, flexibility, and respect
- Familiarity with Judaism and the Conservative Jewish calendar
Salary and Benefits
Pay range is between $25,000-35,000 depending on hours and experience. Ideally, the candidate will work a minimum of 20 hours per week (more negotiable), Monday-Thursday, with at least two days per week in the afternoon.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] In your cover letter, please describe the skills and experience you bring to this position, your ability to multi-task and stay organized, and what you are looking for in an organization. Shaarei Tikvah is committed to diversity and equity in hiring. We look forward to hearing from you.