About Friendship Circle/Chabad (FC/C)
The Chabad of Kendall/Pinecrest offers religious services, community services and outreach, and operates the Friendship Circle of Miami – an outreach of the Chabad which provides one-of-a-kind, inclusive social and recreational programs for hundreds of children and adults with special needs. The Friendship Circle empowers young people to make a difference in their community and become catalysts for an inclusive society. The FC/C is currently involved in an exciting community effort to develop a new 20,000 square foot Friendship Circle Campus.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Volunteer Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for organizing and directing the volunteer programs and will work as an extension of the Program Team to expand the program through volunteer recruitment efforts, training programs and supervision. This person needs great social skills and the ability to interact well with teens, children and adults.
The Friendship Circle currently has more than 150 teenage volunteers and close to 150 children with special needs who benefit from 21 engagement programs. The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy, self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with a love of Jewish heritage, familiarity with Jewish culture, knowledge of the local Jewish community, and experience in and dedication to promoting pluralistic values.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position is highly competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise. Benefits include time off for national holidays, Jewish holidays, 10 days annual vacation, and health insurance. Salary range is $40,000 to $47,000.
- Recruit, interview and place applicants for volunteer work
- Works with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
- Develops and implements training and orientation programs for all volunteers.
- Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
- Help manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports
- Host and attend recruiting events within the community to attract qualified candidates
- Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations within the area
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers
- Act as a single point of contact for volunteer communications
- Create and distribute various communications and publications
- Conduct tours of the Friendship Campus as needed or requested
Preferred Education and Experience
We are looking for someone who possesses excellent communication skills, is service minded, and has exceptional organizational skills.
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- Familiarity and comfort with Jewish culture and practices
- Prior experience as volunteer coordinator/manager for public or nonprofit employer.
- Prior experience creating and implementing volunteer programs and training.
- 5+ years administrative experience in a fast-paced, detail-oriented office environment
- Must have reliable automobile, valid drivers license and required liability auto insurance
- Proficiency with social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and GSuite
- Customer service orientation with professional discretion
- Previous experience in a clerical or administrative role
- Detail oriented, accurate and dependable
- Skilled with data entry and management
- Proficiency with software such as MailChimp, Constant Constact, and Salesforce a plus
- Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of Friendship Circle
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Full-time days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Position requires some evening and half-day work on some Sundays during the school year, with compensatory time off provided during the week.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and a resume to [email protected] that outlines how your skills and experiences meet the qualifications of the position.
The Friendship Circle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Friendship Circle encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.