The Jewish Life Coordinator should possess the creativity and operational skills to design programs that expand learning beyond the classroom and promote a joyful, inclusive school community. In addition, the Jewish Life Coordinator will have the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with the Leadership Team of the Lower School to plan and implement innovative, engaging events. The Jewish Life Coordinator should be a forward-thinking and passionate educator, with a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field, who understands the mission of the Posnack School. The Jewish Life Coordinator will report to the Lower School Principal and Director of Jewish Life.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Be a positive role model for students and faculty
- Have experience in structuring programs for Shabbat, holidays, and milestone celebrations across the grades (both Jewish and secular)
- Create enriching, interactive Oneg Shabbat programming in coordination with the Director of Jewish Life and Judaics Department.
- Plan school educational trips and experiences that align with school mission and curriculum
- Assist Judaic Studies Department ensuring children learn and participate in daily brachot and anthem (Hamotzi, Birkat Hamazon, Hatikvah, etc.)
- Work with student council to create lively chesed programs with curricular relevance
- Evaluate and reflect on the efficacy and success of events with a view to continuous improvement and enrichment.
- Promote the “Posnack Way” atmosphere of joy, warmth and inclusivity during arrival and dismissal (music, signage, established greetings, etc.)
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Hebrew and English
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Infuse a sense of joyful Judaism in our school community
- Elevate the level of ruach at the school
- Performs other duties as may be deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- It is essential for the Employee to arrive on time to work every scheduled work day. It is essential for the Employee to maintain good attendance and give ample notice, when possible, when Employee will be absent. It is essential for Employee to speak to co-workers with respect and to follow all of the requirements and expectations in the Employee Handbook.
The Jewish Life Coordinator must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or Rabbinic Degree. A minimum of 2 years' experience in an educational setting is required. Salary based on experience.
Hochberg Lower School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.