The Breman Education Center (BEC) at The Temple is seeking a driven, enthusiastic, and organized part-time Art Teacher for our Sunday Program. Classes meet on Sunday mornings from the middle of August through the end of April.
- Experience in a classroom setting or art studio
- Talented, creative and lover of art
- Positive Jewish role model
- Organized and self-starter
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Work with the BEC educators to design, plan and execute Art Curriculum for PreK-3rd grade students
- Regular ongoing communication with BEC educators
- Prepare and organize project supplies
- Work ahead to make sure supplies are in stock for future projects
- Work with assigned teen assistants (madrichim) weekly
- Keep the art room organized so that it is a welcoming environment for students
More about our program:
The Temple strives to create a love for Jewish learning because we believe that learning is a lifelong endeavor. To that end, the Breman Education Center strives to spark positive Jewish identity in all our students:
Act: We nurture Jewish values and embrace our diversity to actively make a difference in our world.
Connect: We create lifelong relationships and connect God, Israel, and our heritage to the modern world.
Explore: We bring Judaism to life through experiential learning of Torah and rituals, celebrations, and travel.
Starting salary: $35+ per hour, based on experience