The Division of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies of The Jewish Theological Seminary is seeking a talented individual to work with students in both List College and the Gershon Kekst Graduate School as an academic advisor, creative administrator and inspired program leader.
Reporting to the Dean of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies, the Assistant Dean will serve as a primary academic advisor, facilitate student programming, and work closely with various offices and individuals at JTS. The successful candidate will be a good listener, excellent communicator and strong writer, someone who is committed to supporting the diverse student body through their academic journeys.
- Provide one-on-one academic advising, including short-term and long-term planning, registration, troubleshooting, counseling, and referral to appropriate resources.
- Develop, update, and maintain appropriate records, systems, and procedures to ensure students’ academic progress.
- Draft, review and revise undergraduate academic policies.
- Collaborate with team of deans and with offices of the Registrar, Admissions, Student Life, and Counseling Services, as well as with counterparts at Columbia.
- Direct List College’s Fellowship in Jewish Social Entrepreneurship.
- Oversee Graduate School’s dual degree programs and engage in strategic planning.
- Interview prospective students and review applications.
- Administer various grants and other undergraduate student awards.
- Supervise undergraduate student interns and coordinate planning of events with student council.
- Teach and direct List College senior seminar, including planning of course and facilitation of weekly seminar sessions.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Master’s degree in social work, higher education administration, or related field.
- At least 5 years of related/applicable work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects.
- Understanding of the JTS mission.
- Commitment to confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected]