POSITION TITLE: WEB CONTENT STRATEGIST
Location: Remote/Online (Default)/In person meetings, as needed
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reporting to: Director, Creative Services
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000 plus competitive benefits package
Organization: URJ (default)
Employment Type: Full Time, Benefits Eligible
The Union for Reform Judaism’s (URJ) Marketing and Communications department seeks an effective and skilled Web Content Strategist to grow the participation, impact and reputation of the URJ and its core programs to increase participation, engagement and financial support for priority initiatives. The Web Content Strategist will advance URJ's online fundraising and audience growth goals through website content optimization, strategy, and production.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Website Strategist reports to the Director of Creative Services and is responsible for the following:
- In collaboration with colleagues in the Marketing and Communications department, execute marketing plans and measure the success of audience engagement on URJ websites.
- Work to maintain, evolve, and uphold the URJ's communications policies and guidelines including the use of transliteration guidelines and style guide.
- Continuously audit URJ sites for mobile and ADA compliance, SEO, broken links, and outdated content.
- Monitor incoming requests from other departments to update websites, and work with those teams to strategize the optimum ways to present their content.
- Monitor the impact of marketing and communications efforts and adjust activities as needed.
- Provide training to camp staff on updating their websites and best practices.
WHO YOU ARE & KEYS TO SUCCESS (THE MUST-HAVES):
To be successful in this job, you excel in the following areas:
- Marketing. Marketing background and an understanding of approaches and techniques to engage various audience groups. 3+ years’ experience in website administration, specifically with multi-site configurations. Experience and ability to merge organizational priorities and vision into website strategies and reach. Knowledge of current SEO algorithms, ADA compliance, and best practices.
- Software & Platforms. Hands-on experience administering multi-site Drupal, WordPress, or other similar open-source CMS platforms. Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Non-Profit & Fundraising. Experience in marketing for a non-profit or mission-driven organization. Knowledge and proven experience in online fundraising strategy and plans.
- Communication. Copywriting and editing skills. Effective oral and written communication skills and able to utilize and different forms of relevant media.
- Collaboration. Works well as part of a team, meets deadlines, is extremely detail-oriented, and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Training & Support. Have a customer-service mindset and can patiently and effectively train others to use tools and employ best practices.
- Flexibility & Creativity. Adapts quickly to changing needs and offers creative solutions. Creative, positive attitude.
- REDI Experience (Racial Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion). Demonstrated experience prioritizing and executing on Racial Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (i.e., ableism, LGBTQ+ Inclusion, antiracism, etc.) priorities.
- occasional in-person meetings, as needed
Every team member at the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) plays an essential role in our mission to create a whole, just, and compassionate world. Our team is creative, thoughtful, and innovative. Each member of the team is empowered to make meaningful contributions to achieving our shared goals. Our diverse team is made up of individuals with different skills and backgrounds and every team member is willing to take risks as well as take action to develop and create big ideas for the future of the Reform Movement. While this position focuses on a particular area of work, every team member is a vital part of our overall success.
The Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) provides vision and voice to build strong communities that, together, transform the way people connect to Judaism and change the world. We acknowledge that due to racism, ableism, homophobia, and other forms of oppression, that our communities are not whole until everyone experiences a sense of belonging within the Jewish community. As the largest Jewish movement in North America, we stand for a Judaism that is inclusive and reflective of a wide range of identities and accept the responsibility of dismantling oppression both inside and outside of our communities. Through camping, youth experiences, programs, information sharing, and networking opportunities, our over 850 congregations and 15 residential camps create opportunities for our communities to enhance their capacity to build and expand community, engage in meaningful and authentic Jewish life, deepen Jewish learning, energize worship, pursue social justice and develop inspired leadership. Together, our employees and stakeholders, are creating Reform Judaism of today.
Please include a one-page cover letter along with your resume, outlining your skills and experience and how you meet the essential functions and qualifications of the position. We look forward to hearing from you! Please click the link to APPLY ONLINE! Alternatively, please mail your resume and cover letter to: Union for Reform Judaism, Attn: Talent Management, 633 Third Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10017.
The URJ strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse environment. We promote strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations. The URJ encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities and individuals who identify as LGBTQ+.