About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Talent Acquisition and eLearning Manager is responsible for ensuring that UJA attracts, hires, and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline. This person develops practical eLearning solutions and implements them in a strategic and collaborative manner.
- Partners with managers to understand their recruitment needs and identify job skills and competencies required for open administrative and positions. Designs and implements an overall recruitment strategy for each position.
- Manages the full recruitment life cycle, which includes building applicant sources, scheduling appointments, and interviewing applicants for administrative, entry level and mid-level positions. Prepares and posts advertisements, coordinates management interviews, and conducts reference checks.
- Determines applicant requirements by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, verifying references, and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Writes job descriptions or edits job descriptions written by others.
- Complies with federal, state and city employment law requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Conducts exit interviews.
eLearning and professional development
- Manages UJA’s eLearning management system (Absorb) as well as eLearning course availability and progress for all employees.
- Develop and design eLearning content and manages the planning associated with eLearning steps-communication, implementation, and evaluation.
- In partnership with managers - identify, design, and develop eLearning solutions and learning workshops; ensuring content is current and relevant.
- Support upskilling strategies through needs assessments, gap analysis and implementation of learning solutions to close competency gaps.
- Additional projects assigned by manager.
- Minimum of five years of eLearning and recruitment experience.
- Knowledge of state-of-the art recruitment strategies
- Understanding how eLearning user design impacts learner experiences
- A strategic, agile, enthusiastic, creative innovator who possesses the drive to make things happen and have fun while doing it
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and work effectively in a team setting
- Outstanding project management skills with the tenacity and ability to execute deliverables
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to persevere, multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with technology: Microsoft Office suite, hands-on experience with HRIS and eLearning platforms and SCORM content management systems
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree preferred in HR Management or Organizational Development.
The salary range for this role is $85,000 to $95,000; commensurate with experience and qualifications listed above.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.