Friends of ELNET - Chief Development Officer - New York or Florida
In 2007, a group of concerned Jewish leaders from the United States and Europe established ELNET (The European Leadership Network) to strengthen relations between Europe and Israel, forming closer bilateral ties. The ELNET network consists of five European affiliates: EU & NATO (Brussels), France, Germany, United Kingdom, and Poland, as well as an affiliate in Israel and Friends of ELNET in the US (FELNET).
Today, ELNET’s network includes a broad range of senior government officials, members of parliament, policy experts, thought leaders and influencers from throughout Europe and Israel. ELNET’s impact can be felt in key policy areas such as countering the Iran threat, enhancing the Abraham Accords, the adoption of IHRA to combat antisemitism and strengthening economic and security cooperation. ELNET accomplishes these results through a wide variety of customized, high-level engagements, including strategic dialogues (6-7 per year); delegations to Israel (30 per year); international policy conferences (3-4 annually), high-level briefings and events (20-25 per year), as well as countless behind the scenes meetings between our leadership and key government officials and policy makers.
Over the last decade, Friends of ELNET (FELNET) has been working closely with ELNET offices in Europe and Israel to support this mission by providing strategic guidance, programmatic coordination and approximately 80% of the operational funding.
FELNET presently raises more than $7 million annually by focusing on major gift solicitations. We are governed by a strongly committed 13-member Board of Directors which oversee a hardworking team of seven professionals in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
In this era of immense political change, Europe’s cooperation with Israel is becoming even more important as is the need and opportunity for FELNET to provide critical funding and strategic support that address Israel’s vital needs.
The Chief Development Officer will play a critical role in this expansion by spearheading our fundraising efforts.
To learn more about FELNET visit: https://elnetwork.eu/affiliates/felnet/
FELNET seeks a dynamic, outcome driven, and entrepreneurial professional, with a proven track record of success as a fundraising strategist, major gift solicitor and team supervisor and mentor. The CDO will serve as the primary catalyst for our growth as ELNET seeks to raise $10 million annually within three years, an ambitious but realistic goal given the importance of our mission and the potential that exists to engage new funders.
While the CDO will spearhead the organization’s fundraising strategic planning process to expand beyond our present chapters (New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles), as well as implement and manage the operational and staffing expansion, a core responsibility of the CDO will be to identify, cultivate and secure new and increased major gifts ($50,000+) from individuals and foundations.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to develop and/ or grow a sophisticated fundraising operation utilizing concrete metrics/ goals, well defined strategies, analysis, and performance accountability.
The ability to prioritize and focus on the most effective strategies as determined by results, is a key organizational philosophy and value which will empower FELNET to continue to accomplish superior results while maintaining a lean and efficient approach.
Our leadership is dynamic and prepared to invest additional resources based on the recommendations of our President and Chief Development Officer, based on a well thought out strategic plan. The ideal candidate will find such an environment entrepreneurial, refreshing, and empowering.
- Partner with the President, Chairman, Board, and staff to develop and implement a North American fundraising strategic plan.
- Create and support a culture of philanthropy that engages the President, the board, and staff, and foster a collaborative, organization-wide team approach to development.
- Manage a portfolio of prospective, existing and new major individual and foundation donors; maintain existing donor relationships and develop new ones by deepening those alliances through effective stewardship and relevant communications.
- Prepare and support the President, board members and professionals, as appropriate, to cultivate and solicit major donor prospects.
- Lead, manage, and mentor staff; develop and hire talent with an emphasis on consistently high-performing teams by developing clear expectations, processes, systems, metrics, and performance measures to guide development goals and efforts.
- Serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the organization and promote FELNET to new audiences and prospects.
- Participate in identifying and recruiting new prospective board members, including creating a pipeline of new lay leaders and committee members.
- Oversee and design efforts to establish enhanced brand recognition, visibility, and marketing.
This position requires a talented, entrepreneurial fundraising professional, preferably with a national reach and a strong conceptual understanding of FELNET’s mission and impact. The new Chief Development Officer must be a persuasive communicator and excellent team player, leader, and builder.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Success in setting and executing fundraising strategies that include major and principal giving, foundation support, and program-specific donor giving, resulting in a dramatic increase in fundraising results.
- Superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work closely with senior lay leadership (CEO, Board of Directors), staff, as well as major donors and foundation staff.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of major donors.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining a network among major individual philanthropic donors and foundations.
- Strong leadership, management and supervision skills that include the ability to motivate, influence, and hold teams accountable to high standards and goals.
- Superior results in identifying, engaging, and securing major new gifts and significant increases in existing gifts.
- Exceptional reasoning, problem solving, and analytical skills, including an ability to translate complex ideas and concepts into clear actionable items.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to persuade and influence others around ideas, decisions, and financial support.
- Willingness to travel nationally (approximately 5-6 days a month) as needed and occasionally to Europe and Israel.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $250,000 - $300,000 commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package will also be offered.
The CDO will report to David Siegel, FELNET’s President.
This position description is based upon material provided by Friends of ELNET, an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please click HERE.
Tani Weissman, Senior Talent Consultant
Nina Cogan, Talent Consultant
Merav Schwartz, Research & Outreach Associate