Director of Development
Libenu is the premier organization providing the gold standard of inclusive, person-centered services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Libenu’s mission is to provide a lifetime of care and support for children, teens, and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, empowering them to live with dignity as fully included members of their Jewish community. Libenu partners with families, enabling them to create the life they want for their loved ones, resulting in decreased stress and an increased sense of security for the future. Libenu fulfills its mission by providing life-changing, robust respite services infused with Jewish values for families; warm, welcoming person-centered kosher homes for adults; inclusive social and recreational opportunities; partnerships for day programming and vocational training; and leadership in community education and advocacy.
Libenu envisions a Jewish community where individuals with disabilities have a home, an extended family, and a future; where they can thrive, have a voice, experience a true sense of belonging, and are valued for their unique strengths and contributions; where families have a reprieve from the demands of caregiving as well as the peace of mind of knowing that their loved ones’ futures are secure.
Director of Development – Role and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Director of Development is to raise funds that enable Libenu to fulfill its mission by developing and fostering relationships with individual donors, businesses, corporations, and foundations; soliciting donations; grant writing and management; and event facilitation. The Director of Development is a key member of Libenu’s senior management team and reports directly to the CEO.
The Director of Development will:
- Implement and expand a comprehensive development and fundraising plan that includes multiple revenue opportunities, including but not limited to individual and corporate donations, fundraising events, direct mail solicitation, and grants.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with current and prospective donors, businesses, corporations, and foundations.
- Solicit donations, sponsorships, and major gifts as well as other aspects of fundraising. Collect all pledges in a timely fashion
- Steward relationships with current donors, businesses, corporations, and foundations to maintain and increase annual gifts.
- Expand Libenu’s base of philanthropic support in the community and beyond.
- Work with board members, parents, and community members to support fundraising initiatives.
- Assist with grant identification; grant-writing and grant reporting
- Plan and execute fundraising events in conjunction with the Libenu leadership team.
- Solicit and establish endowments that support the growth of the organization in the future
- Assist with PR materials and the annual report
- Collaborate with all Libenu team members to support the mission of the organization.
Qualified individuals will:
- Possess 3-5 years of professional development and fundraising experience; knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- Have a demonstrated track record of successful fundraising with documented results in major donor acquisition, cultivation, and stewardship; annual funds and capital campaigns; event management; grant writing and grant acquisition.
- Be passionate about our mission, enjoy working in a fast paced, growing, and successful entrepreneurial organization where innovation and creative thinking is applauded and rewarded.
- Have/develop broad and deep relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders in the Jewish community, the greater Chicagoland philanthropic community, corporations, and foundations.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills; financial literacy.
- Facility with social media for public relations and advertising.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Be familiar with Jewish practices and traditions and be comfortable and respectful in a wide range of Jewish environments.
- Be a detail-oriented self-starter and natural “people-person”.
- Be a creative problem solver and a collaborative partner.
- Experience with QBO and E-Tapestry CRM software is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Package: Commensurate with experience
Medical and Dental Insurance employer benefits
Cell phone allowance
Generous PTO policy plus observance of Federal and Jewish holidays
Hybrid work option
Opportunities for professional development and advancement
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Libenu, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all employees are treated with respect and dignity. We firmly believe that diversity and inclusivity lead to a more innovative and successful organization, and we strive to create a culture that values different perspectives and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Libenu does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Submit cover letter and resume to Shana Erenberg: [email protected]