Part-Time Finance and Development Assistant
Boston University Hillel
Join the Boston University Hillel team as our part-time Finance and Development Assistant, and play a key role in assisting with financial reporting, fundraising and building operations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance and Operations, you will work closely with our senior staff in a variety of areas of operational management. This position is 25 hours per week and works on-site with the schedule of hours being negotiable.
On a day to day basis you will
Financial & Development Operations
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Process donations and acknowledgements
- Assist with updating of donor database (Raisers Edge), ensuring accurate and up-to-date donor information
- Coordinate with BU facilities for all maintenance requests
- Assist with the Rentals and Events operations including preparing contracts, invoices and room layouts
- Track and order office supplies
- Provide backup coverage for reception as needed
Student Engagement Support
- Scheduling classes and updating attendance database
- Input and analyze data in Schwipe CRM system
- Schedule meetings and send calendar invites
- Provide administrative support as needed for the Senior Leadership team
What You’ve Accomplished
- 1 - 3 of years in operations, fundraising or event planning
- Associate Degree or higher required
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep organized and manage time effectively and efficiently
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential and sensitive data and information.
- Excellent computer skills – MS Office, Google Docs is a must! QuickBooks and Raisers Edge experience is a plus
What You’ll Receive
- The salary range for this part-time role is $20-$25 per hour based on experience
- This is a part time position 25 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Hours are flexible
- This position is not eligible for benefits
About Boston University Hillel
Boston University Hillel is an independent 501c3 charity. BU Hillel is at the hub of a world-class university, in a thriving city of Boston, right near Fenway Park. Home to 4,000 Jewish undergraduates and 2,000 Jewish graduate students, BU Hillel’s mission is to inspire, educate, and empower BU students to lead meaningful and joyous Jewish lives. We engage 4,000 students per year, 600 qualify as in-depth relationships. 200 students travel with BU Hillel each year. We have 160+ student leaders and 120+ lay leaders.
About Hillel International
Boston University Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International.
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.