Congregation Bnai Yeshurun (CBY) a Modern Orthodox shul in Teaneck, NJ is seeking a pair of passionate and energetic Teen Minyan Congregation Directors.
Located in the heart of picturesque suburban Bergen County, just 10 minutes from New York City, CBY, the largest and oldest and extremely vibrant Orthodox synagogue in Teaneck, is the focal point of a flourishing Orthodox Jewish community which consists of many other Orthodox shuls, a community mikva as well as a mens mikva and eruv, multiple yeshiva day schools and high schools, and convenient kosher shopping and dining.
CBY, led by Rabbi Elliot Schrier, is the spiritual center for hundreds of families of all ages and backgrounds. At CBY one will find beginners, Yeshiva graduates, newlyweds and retirees, with the largest group - parents with growing children - the core of the shul. It is home to ten daily prayer services, seven prayer services on Saturday mornings, and many daily and weekly classes and events.
- Directing and overseeing the Teen Minayn
- Teen Minyan runs every Shabbat morning from roughly 9:00 am-11:00 am (excluding summer).
- Coordinates and is responsible for all aspects of the minyan - leining, baalei tefillah, kiddushim
- Gives weekly drasha
- Arrange and facilitate a monthly seudah shelisheet
- Run seasonal fundraising initiatives (ie: Matzah Sale, Hoshana Rabah Aravot Sale)
- Supervises collegiate facilitators
- Planning and implementing activities for Teen Minyan on a once-a-season basis (4 events per year)
- Attend bi-monthly meetings with the Youth Directors and CBY Youth Committee to plan upcoming events.
- Serve as a positive role model for the Teens of CBY including fostering relationships etc.
Ideal Candidates should:
- Have a background in informal Jewish Education, especially in developing educational programming.
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION
Expected to work Shabbatot and some Chagim. 2 weeks off per year.
No work during the months of July and August.
Midweek preparation and personal engagement: 2-3 hours average.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply please send the following to [email protected]
- Cover letter
- A short response to one of the following questions (either in written or video format):
- Tell us why you think you’re a good fit for this role.
- What is your vision for your role as Teen director at CBY?