Sid Jacobson JCC and its surrounding campus provide a full range of cutting-edge recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts, and social services programs. We are a national leader in providing care for those suffering from chronic illnesses such as Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Parkinson’s, and other degenerative illness, as well as offering year-round social, recreational, fitness, and vocational programs for children, teens, and adults living with special needs. In addition, we are Long Island’s hub that addresses social justice, uses social action to better our society, and provides volunteers with the opportunity to give back.
We are dedicated to serving every aspect of community wellness, regardless of age or ability. We promote physical health through our innovative health and wellness center, while also providing for emotional and spiritual health through a variety of divorce, bereavement, and cancer support groups. Enjoy a lively Zumba class or work out at our state of the art fitness center. Make new friends. Meet popular authors and inspiring speakers. Celebrate holidays. Play canasta. Practice your Hebrew. Try your hand at watercolor painting. Work out with a personal trainer. We offer educational and interactive programs for seniors 60+ to help them achieve physical fitness, experience the world through cultural programs, keep their minds active with lectures, and engage with their peers in social groups.
We are looking for a Grant Writer to help write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals. This is an excellent opportunity for you to apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. He/She/They will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
This Grant Writer role is based in out of East Hills, Long Island.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of the development department's strategy.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Executive Director and Director of Development to send funders newsletters, progress reports, consistent touch-points and to promote on-site tours.
- Collaborating with Director of Development to compile an annual report.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in creative writing or related field
- 2+ years of grant writing experience preferred.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Sid Jacobson JCC is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+friendly workplace
- Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Health Insurance, Paid time off, Employee Discounts
Sid Jacobson JCC is a beneficiary agency of the UJA Federation of New York.