The JCRC/AJC, Jewish Community Relations Council/American Jewish Committee of Detroit is an independent non-partisan not for profit organization. As an agency of the Jewish Federation of Metro Detroit, we act as a voice to express the values of the Jewish community to the broader Detroit community, local, state, and national political leaders as well as the international diplomatic community based in Detroit. We work in partnership with faith and community organizations to implement annual policy priorities. In addition, we act as the regional office of the American Jewish Committee, the world’s premiere Jewish advocacy organization to advocate for important Jewish issues, including supporting the State of Israel and fighting antisemitism.
Overview of the position:
Full time position working alongside, staff, board, committee and Coalition for Black and Jewish Unity to design, coordinate and implement programming for JCRC/AJC’s racial equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives. Initiatives include a focus on external programming in the Jewish community, as well as internal strategies and solutions for the organization. The Community Associate staffs the Coalition for Black and Jewish Unity and its various committees and programs, and fosters opportunities for Black-Jewish relationship growth.
- Provide administrative to the Coalition for Black and Jewish Unity and its various committees and programs related to its operations
- Arrange and attend Executive Committee meetings and Advisory Council meetings monthly
- Create content for policy guide? Instead of Creation and content process and policy guide
- Supervise JCRC/AJC’s role in the trauma initiative
- Active participation on JFMD Leadership Council meetings and JFNA PCTI grant
- Managing Black-Jewish fellowship opportunities
- Detroit Project Understanding Fellowship Summit