Temple Beth Torah, a reform congregation of 300+ families in Wellington, Florida is looking for an Engagement and Program Coordinator to join our team. Our members are drawn to our Temple because of our warm family atmosphere, incredible clergy, and diverse programming for all ages. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who is passionate, creative, organized, personable, and understands the Jewish faith. In this role, you will manage and implement our meaningful and dynamic programs for youth and adults, build on our family atmosphere through creating connections with members of all ages in our congregation and within the community, and work collaboratively with clergy, leadership, staff, congregants, and volunteers.
- Create and develop programs that align with the Temple's organizational mission and the needs of its members.
- Manage program budget and resources, set sustainable event fees, seek sponsorship opportunities, and ensure programs are within established budgets.
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers. Collaborate with lay leadership and committees/teams to meet their needs to ensure program success.
- Organize and coordinate religious education and study programs.
- Oversee our youth group and work collaboratively with our clergy to create, plan, and develop programs that promote Jewish identity through social, educational, religious, and social action activities.
- Engage congregants, potential members, and the community to build relationships and grow membership.
- Represent the Temple in a professional, personable, and approachable manner, creating a warm, welcoming, and family environment.
- Connect with members in person and via social media/marketing to build relations and community.
- Attend Board meetings, committee meetings, and scheduled programs outside of traditional work hours.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred and/or 2-4 years of related work experience.
- Proven leadership experience with the capacity to motivate and inspire a team in the successful implementation of events.
- Creative thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to establish and maintain quality relationships with all age groups, various Temple constituents, Clergy, and community partners to develop and execute meaningful programs.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to multitask in order to manage multiple projects at once while adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to ensure that programs are aligned with the organization's mission and implement the smallest of details to accomplish goals.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Proven experience with social media platforms and working with a database.
- Exemplary communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and work weekends and weeknights as needed.
- Working knowledge of Jewish holidays, customs, and traditions and an understanding of the Jewish community.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job and may change at any time.
Tempe Beth Torah has a small-office nonprofit environment with an intimate culture and much room to grow. If you are ready to take on this rewarding challenge, we encourage you to take a look at our website: https://templebethtorah.net and apply to [email protected]