Join our Merkaz Team!
Merkaz Program Manager
Reporting to the Merkaz Director (Head of School/HOS), the Merkaz Program Manager is a creative, energetic, and dynamic team player who will passionately work to execute our successful Merkaz program.
A successful Program Manager will:
- Inspire and share their passion for Judaism with our teens
- Be flexible and highly organized, with great attention to detail
- Effectively communicate to inspire community & relationship building
- Have a background in summer camp, outdoor education, fine & performing arts, or social justice
- Have a great sense of humor
Part-time (15-20 hours per week), with a potential hybrid work environment. Monday evenings in Westport, Tuesday evenings in Bridgeport, and at least 8 hours a week during the day in the office on Monday & Tuesday. The remaining hours are flexible each week.
Program Manager roles & responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborate with the Merkaz HOS on all aspects of the program
- Communicate with parents, students, faculty, synagogues, clergy, volunteer, and community partners via email, newsletter, phone, and text
- Manage the registration, enrollment, and class placement process for students
- Maintain school database, class lists, and weekly attendance
- Help to maintain the Merkaz social media accounts with the HOS and Social Media Manager
- Prepare official transcripts requested by students for college applications
- Assist in the recruitment of new students and the retention of returning students
- Contribute, coordinate & oversee arrangements for Merkaz Graduation
Merkaz Community High School for Judaic Studies is a pluralistic supplementary education program for Jewish teens in grades 8-12. Merkaz offers interesting, relevant, and engaging classes for our high-energy, enthusiastic teens who come together weekly from various schools and synagogues. Merkaz is a Jewish Federation of Greater Fairfield County program with an office in Bridgeport, CT, and has a student body of approximately 90 students in grades 8-12.
MERKAZ CLASSES TAKE PLACE ON MONDAY & TUESDAY EVENINGS.
THE PROGRAM MANAGER IS ON-SITE FROM 6:00 – 9:00 PM BOTH NIGHTS.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].