The YIVO Institute for Jewish Research, a growing educational and cultural organization with the world’s foremost archives and library devoted to the history and culture of East European Jewry seeks a full-time Program Associate to support the work of the Education department. This position supports the ongoing curation, implementation, and maintenance of YIVO’s educational programming and plays a central role in ensuring the excellence of YIVO’s offerings and their timely and professional execution. This is an in-person position based at YIVO’s headquarters in New York City.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate logistics for fall, winter, spring, and summer classes, including hiring, scheduling, contracting, and payroll for faculty
— Collect information from instructors for use in publicity and printed programs
— In collaboration with the Director of Education, help train and supervise teaching assistants
— Develop strategies to improve user engagement for constituents enrolled in classes at YIVO
- Take an active role in the development of YIVO’s Shine Online Educational Series, from initial conception through course launch, including the editing and organizing of course content and coordination of course logistics
- Maintain reports and up-to-date data analysis of course enrollments, tuition, and course evaluations with assistance from YIVO’s Program Assistant
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA)
- Experience working in an office
- Proficiency with Excel, other Office applications, and Zoom; video editing a plus
- Skilled use of a PC and Mac
- Knowledge of HTML and experience building online content a plus
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems in a timely manner
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work with a diverse and intergenerational constituency
- Good math and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
$55,000-$60,000; generous benefits package
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Ben Kaplan, Director of Education, at [email protected].
Please include “Program Associate – Education” in the subject heading of the email.