Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC seeks a senior level fundraising professional who is passionate about advancing AJC’s mission and committed to the extraordinary growth trajectory of the AJC Palm Beach County Regional Office. The Palm Beach office is a dynamic and integral component in advancing AJC’s broader global priorities within Palm Beach County.
Working with a highly engaged and dedicated team, the Director of Strategic Advancement will report to the Regional Director and will be responsible for expanding the AJC Palm Beach annual campaign, primarily by cultivating new and existing relationships within the Palm Beach Island community and northern Palm Beach County (Jupiter/Palm Beach Gardens). Emphasis will be placed on securing $10,000+ gifts. The Director will also establish relationships and garner support from the growing corporate/financial industry throughout Palm Beach County.
The Director must be a genuine relationship-builder and excellent fundraiser who is energized by AJC’s mission and is able to communicate their passion to a diverse audience. AJC is looking for a smart, high-energy initiator and team player whose attributes include organizational acumen, good judgment, and professionalism. The successful candidate will also possess a solid understanding of and experience with the Palm Beach County philanthropic community, especially Palm Beach Island.
The Director of Strategic Advancement does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement strategies for building and strengthening AJC’s presence on the Island of Palm Beach and northern Palm Beach County, including researching donors/prospects, building committees, planning parlor meetings, developing a prospect pipeline, facilitating and overseeing outreach and fundraising events, recruiting for overall AJC programs, and guaranteeing proper follow up;
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major philanthropic prospects on Palm Beach Island and establish and manage a Palm Beach Advisory committee;
- Identify and cultivate support from the growing corporate/financial sector in West Palm Beach. Develop and implement a corporate fundraising strategy.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key Palm Beach Island synagogues.
- Create and manage a portfolio of major donors/prospects (primarily Palm Beach Island) and ensure they remain engaged by connecting them to appropriate local and national opportunities, events, and missions;
- Consult, advise, and coordinate major gift strategies with the Regional Director;
- Utilize all tools for an effective major gifts process including targeted parlor meetings, solicitation strategies, and moves management;
- Promote local AJC Palm Beach and national programs to foster donor engagement and support, including donor recognition societies, missions, leadership development programs and AJC’s annual Global Forum;
- Take an active role in coordinating and supervising efforts to ensure successful AJC Palm Beach programs, parlor meetings, and dinners;
- Oversee planned giving initiatives, including coordinating follow up with AJC’s national planned giving office, and identifying and enrolling planned giving prospects;
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
AJC is looking for an experienced development professional with a proven track record of fundraising success and significant experience in major gifts, event management, and general donor cultivation and stewardship. The ideal candidate will be goal-oriented and have extensive knowledge of, and a strong commitment to, Jewish issues, Israel, and the objectives of AJC, as well as experience working with the Island of Palm Beach community and the broader Palm Beach County Jewish landscape. Other qualifications include:
- Passion for the AJC mission;
- Eight plus years of professional experience in fundraising with a demonstrated successful track record, including experience in Palm Beach and throughout Palm Beach County;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Knowledge and comfort with all aspects of fundraising, including event-based fundraising (ability to conceive and execute events), major gifts, one-on-one solicitation, cultivation and prospect research;
- Extensive experience with major donor management and direct solicitations;
- Past experience working closely with lay leaders and leadership development;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability and desire to work with colleagues to build consensus around fundraising strategies and tactics;
- A collaborative approach to working with local and national colleagues to maximize the effectiveness of projects and programs;
- Ability to look at a challenge from a variety of perspectives and develop creative approaches;
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills with the capacity to comfortably handle a large work volume;
- Ability to make difficult decisions, to follow through on agreed upon initiatives, and to work collaboratively, yet independently, when needed;
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast pace and changing environment;
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards and values;
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends, and to travel occasionally;
- Sense of humor and strong desire to add to a culture of collaboration and feedback;
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or equivalent fundraising software, Google Docs, and Microsoft Office / Excel.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
The salary range for this position is $130,000 to $140,000.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/s11y5sdu197irke/