Who is that one person who changed your life? Do you want to be that person for others??If so, read on, because BBYO is looking for awesome talent to join our team as Director of Israel Enrichment as part?of our Enrichment Team. This position is remote, based In the United States.
Over the last two years, BBYO has embarked on an entirely new phase of Israel education focused on ensuring teens gain a nuanced perspective. As the Director of Israel Enrichment for BBYO, you will be responsible for implementing the Israel enrichment strategy and providing leadership at our organization, reinforcing BBYO’s commitment to through four key touch points- chapters, conventions, summer experiences, and opt-in fellowship learning experiences– those that reach the most teens and deliver the most content.
You: You are passionate about quality Israel education, with a great sense of accountability. You are a detail-oriented achiever, a self-starter, and a problem solver. You strive to bring new ideas or perspectives to the table. You are an effective decision maker, and clear communicator. You possess a skill set that includes relationship building, strong customer service, and creative and professional writing. Making a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of Jewish teens feels both energizing and empowering, which makes you well-equipped to join our fast-paced and innovative team. You model effective dialogue across differences. You are committed to Israel Education. You believe in our educational approaches and are committed to growing the impact of BBYO as a movement.
Us: We’re a global network of passionate professionals working to amplify Jewish teen life worldwide. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens, built on 96 years of storied history. We do this challenging and invigorating work through our partners in more than 725 local, teen-led chapters across 55+ countries, at hundreds of weekend retreats during the school year, and across a rapidly growing suite of global exchanges, campaigns, and movement initiatives all year-round. Over the summer, we run dozens of immersive experiences including extensive Israel travel, missions, and community tours across six continents, and a myriad of leadership camps. Our team is strong, agile, creative, inclusive and every day is different by design. We are results-driven, and we enjoy working together as much as we believe in the mission we are chasing together.
This role is supervised directly by the Vice President of Enrichment Strategy.
Core Responsibilities as a Director of Israel Enrichment:
Educational Coach and Resource Provider: Train, inspire and empower BBYO teens, staff, and volunteer advisors to deliver (plan, implement, support, facilitate, assess) meaningful Israel Enrichment experiences across the BBYO movement.
- Oversee and manage the Global Israel Fellowship, including the curriculum, speakers, fellows, and mentors
- Help train teen leaders to elevate peer to peer Israel learning
- Support BBYO stakeholders to deploy Israel content throughout summer teen leadership experiences, AZA/BBG chapter meetings, weekend conventions, movement-wide initiatives,
- Facilitate programs directly (on a limited basis) and stakeholder trainings
- Direct a premier 3-week BBYO Passport summer teen leadership experience in Israel, and curriculum development for trips and camps in preparation
- Develop and deliver educational training and resources, for summer programs and year-round
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring process of educators, with a focus on summer experiences
- Recruit and manage a cadre of consultant Israel educators who support teens throughout the program year
- Serve as part of the Jewish Enrichment Team supporting International Convention with a focus on Israel Enrichment
Educational Innovator: Push BBYO to be on the cutting edge of creative educational work including the use of new techniques and technologies capable of reaching the teen audience and growing the movement.
- Develop best practices around BBYO Israel Enrichment strategies
- Develop educational opportunities/experiences and take advantage of technology and social media channels to create virtual learning moments and community educational experiences
- Develop new strategies (micro and macro) to build educational capacity among all stakeholders
- Track best practices and network across the field of Israel experiential educators
Enrichment Team Member: Serve as a key member of the Enrichment Team, working every day to advance BBYO’s organizational goals and to support BBYO’s teen Jewish leadership
- Help develop a culture of ongoing learning and teaching, networking and professional development within the Enrichment Team and across the organization.
- Leverage collective expertise and skills on the Team to maximize results, ‘dream big’, grow professionally and provide feedback/support
- Deep and extensive Israel related knowledge
- Commitment to pluralism
- Master’s degree in a related field, rabbinical degree or years of Israel content learning, and 10+ years of practical and related work experience,
- Previous experience working in an experiential educational setting (3 to 5 years preferred)
- Previous experience working with and leading teens and/or young adults
- Advanced knowledge of educational technology and social media platforms
- Moderate travel (approximately 1-2 times a month) to work hands-on with staff, teens and advisors and participate in immersive experiences, International Convention, BBYO Staff Conference, community-wide programs, and targeted regional conventions
- Available to staff required Passport training in June
- Available to lead a premier teen leadership program in Israel for 3 weeks during the summer
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends, and summers
- Alignment with BBYO's vision, mission, core values, and teen empowerment model – including a demonstrated commitment to pluralism
- Strong knowledge of and ability to present Israel content in a fun, meaningful way that speaks to issues and realities of today’s teens
- Experience facilitating professional trainings for adult audiences
- Creative thinking, track record of innovation and willingness to take strategic risks – intellectual curiosity and open-mindedness
- Effective writing and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with patience, open mindedness, humor and focus
- Ability to work effectively and build synergistic relationships with a broad spectrum of professional colleagues, volunteers, program partners, and participants from across multiple different communities and Judaic backgrounds; approachability
- Comfort working behind-the-scenes to make others successful
- Familiarity with social networking tools and strategies as well as collaboration tools for distance education and program development
- Familiarity with AZA/BBG (preferred but not required)
Benefits of Working for BBYO:?
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-Term Disability, and 2.5x Salary Life Insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)?
- 22 Paid Secular and Jewish Holidays
- Flexible Work Environment
- Generous 403b and Roth Retirement Plan with Vested Match
Salary: $75,000 - $90,000
You’ll find friends, mentors, and a place where you can have fun, learn, grow, celebrate your Jewish identity, give back to your community, bring out the best in others, and, most important, be yourself.?