This position provides administrative and staff support to the key areas of synagogue administration including membership, programming, fundraising, and daily operations. This position will report directly to the Director of Operations and is a trusted partner who is integral to the successful operation of the overall organization. You will never be bored.
You are perfect for this position if:
- You are highly diplomatic and communicate clearly – written and verbal. Able to respond appropriately to members who are dealing with sensitive or confidential situations.
- You believe that customer service is at the core of any people-focused organization
- You are tech savvy and have strong computer skills
- You have great people skills and can anticipate people’s needs
- You have superb time management and project management skills
- You understand the notion of “managing up” and can anticipate what needs to be done and is a self-starter
- You find the needle in the haystack even if you were not told to look for it
- You find problem-solving is a good first step if you are unsure
- You can laugh at yourself and with others
- You get something done if it is yours to do, and get it done on time
- You are meticulous and organized
- You pride yourself on not letting tasks fall through the cracks
- You are flexible and can also juggle quite a few balls at the same time
- Serve as the primary person to respond to calls, general emails and requests, event registrations, and greet and direct visitors in the building.
- Implement the administration of membership which includes maintaining and updating Salesforce (membership database), working closely with the Director of Congregational Engagement to coordinate volunteers, being cognizant of the touchpoints for all members, and being able to consistently record important data about members and able to manage systems and processes.
- Maintain master programming calendar of the synagogue, and liaison with staff to ensure proper setups have been submitted to include coordination with Director of Operations.
- Assist with Shabbat preparations including food ordering, service sheet communications; coordinate weekly ushers and greeters, and any administrative support needed.
- Provide significant support during the High Holidays including processing requests, organizing and managing volunteer ushers, memorial book entries, and any special need requests that are needed by members.
- Partner with the Communications Manager to ensure what is being communicated is accurate and we are actively promoting upcoming events.
- Record daily deposits; track & acknowledge donations.
- Serve as administrative support to fundraising programs of the congregation.
- Maintain office supplies and computer software, ordering as necessary. Serve as primary liaison to our IT company.
- Do other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and Director of Congregational Engagement.
- Strong Computer Skills: Microsoft applications including Word, Excel & Outlook. Salesforce (our database) is a bonus. Ability to understand computer software and its capacity, always willing to learn new programs and push the envelope. Eager to own various aspects of Salesforce and always focused on consistency in data imputing.
- Excellent telephone skills with a strong emphasis on customer service. Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of audiences and hold confidential information
- Possess good judgment and keen awareness of other people’s needs
- Careful attention to detail, including grammar and visual presentation of the written word; can prepare basic correspondence and writes well.
- Strong orientation towards creating thinking and problem solving
- Must be able to multi-task
- Minimum of three years of experience in performing a full range of administrative functions
- Understanding of Judaism, basic Hebrew, Jewish practices and terminology preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Office Hours:
8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Thursday
8:30 am to 3:30 pm Fridays.
Competitive salary beginning in the low $40,000s and commensurate with experience
Comprehensive employee benefits package including employee health & dental insurance