Job Title: Development and Finance Assistant
Reports To: Chief Advancement Officer
Position Summary: IKAR, a highly acclaimed Jewish non-profit in Los Angeles, seeks a Development and Finance Assistant to provide administrative support to the Chief Advancement Officer and the areas under his purview. This position will provide support for all fundraising activities, donor stewardship, gift entry and donor relations. They will work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that the rabbis, CEO, and CAO have everything they need in a timely and organized manner to fundraise effectively.
- Manage gift processing and gift entry including check processing, check tracking, saving supporting documents to database;
- Provide administrative support for all aspects of annual fundraising campaigns including tracking donations and board member assignments, donor follow-up, cash collection, and more;
- Execute IKAR’s stewardship policy, including mailing acknowledgment cards, tribute cards, and thank you calls;
- Manage and successfully execute an annual delivery of charitable donations tax letters;
- Track donor emails and respond in a professional and timely manner, including the production of donation letters;
- Provide administrative and scheduling support to Chief Advancement Officer and the development department including managing schedules, setting internal and external meetings (virtually and in-person);
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant to manage Senior Rabbi, CEO and CAO’s schedules regarding fundraising briefings, meetings, and events;
- Manage end-of-year major donor mailing including producing booklet of sermons, procuring approval of text and design, curating artwork, arranging printing, creating major donors lists, post, mail.
- Finance Operations
- Support the CAO in the preparation of an annual audit;
- Support the oversight of IKAR’s bank and brokerage accounts and input charitable donations into database;
- Support the CAO and CEO in the preparation of the annual budget.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Passion for IKAR’s mission and work.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment, including multi-tasking and meeting required deadlines.
- 1-3 years’ experience as an administrative assistant or project coordinator.
- Experience using Office software, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Power Point. Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus.
- Have technology insight and enthusiasm for learning new functions and products.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Good sense of humor.
- IKAR requires all employees to be current on CDC approved Covid vaccinations unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
Duration: Full time non-exempt; includes some Friday nights, Saturday mornings, occasional holiday and evening hours)
Salary & Benefits: Pay range is between $50,000 - $60,000 with a generous benefits package including full health, vision, and dental coverage.
Equal Opportunity & Diversity: IKAR prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How to Apply: Please submit resume, cover letter and references
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Systemic inequities in hiring have caused women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and others to apply to jobs only if they meet every requirement. We encourage you to break that statistic and apply, as no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
About IKAR: IKAR, an innovative model for Jewish engagement, launched in 2004 in an effort to reclaim the vitality and relevance of Jewish religious practice and reimagine the contours of Jewish community. Recognized nationally for its success in engaging young and disaffected Jews, IKAR is a positive and proactive response to the declining trend in affiliation in the Jewish community. IKAR is dedicated to reanimating Jewish life through imaginative engagement with ritual and spiritual practice and a deep commitment to social justice. Fusing piety and hutzpah, obligation and inspiration, we are harnessing an untapped energy in the Jewish community –attracting and mobilizing Jews who to contribute their vast intellectual and creative resources to address real world concerns effectively and unapologetically. Since its founding, we have witnessed exponential growth from a handful of people to a community of 1,200+ member households – making it one of the fastest growing Jewish communities in the country. Hundreds of others – both in Los Angeles and nationally – participate in a wide diversity of IKAR programs and services. In addition to establishing a vital presence in Los Angeles, we have also become a leading model of engaging, authentic, resonant Jewish life that is inspiring change in synagogues and communities around the country.