Do you enjoy supporting kids to be their best? Are you inspired to create positive change in our community? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment for a values-driven organization that cares deeply for its employees? If so, the Boulder JCC might be the place for you!
If you like working with kids and their parents, our organization is looking to add energetic, conscientious, and resourceful Camper Care Specialist to our team. The Camper Care Specialist is a liaison between the parents, campers, and staff to help ensure every camper is happy, healthy, safe, and successful at camp.
- Serve on the Camp Leadership team along with the Camp Director, Assistant Director, and Program Director.
- Provide staff an introduction to child development, age-appropriate behavior, and effective behavior management strategies.
- Responsible for the intake process of inclusion campers.
- Partner with counselors to meet the individual needs of all campers, especially those who struggle to adjust to the camp community.
- Observe campers in activities to better understand behaviors and social dynamics in order to support counselors as they navigate and accommodate camper needs.
- Maintain adequate documentation of Community Care Team interventions with campers and staff.
- Conduct camper intake calls prior to campers joining us for the summer.
- Communicate with camper parents via phone and email.
- This seasonal role is in-person and full-time during the camp season, May 23 - August 12, 2022.
- Camp is operated outdoors unless weather prohibits it. Working conditions include spending full days under the sun in all temperatures.
- The Camper Care Specialist will also have an indoor designated space for phone calls and computer work.
- Must be at least 18 years old when the summer camp season begins
- Educational experience in social work, psychology, education, or child development
- Strong oral and written communication skills: must be able to communicate efficiently with staff and parents, as well as maintain proper documentation
- Experience or willingness to work with young children (ages 4 – 12)
- The ability to think and act creatively, be flexible, demonstrate pride of work, and care about the individuals they serve.
- Staff members will be required to uphold all current health and safety protocols. Policies are subject to change.
- This is a non-exempt hourly position with a salary range of $15.00-$18.50/hour commensurate with experience. This is a 40-hour per week position that runs from May through August. The benefits for seasonal staff currently include a 403b retirement plan, staff discounts, and more.
The Boulder JCC remains committed to maintaining the safety, security, and health of our staff, students, and community. To that end, the Boulder JCC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all Boulder JCC employees, with certain exemptions for religious and medical/disability. The Boulder JCC will require all employees, including temporary staff (i.e. seasonal), to obtain and maintain up to date COVID-19 vaccinations.
If you think you would be a good fit, even if you do not meet every one of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
Applications are accepted online here . Once you submit your application, our Camps & Youth Assistant Director will be in touch if we would like to schedule an interview. An offer of employment in this position will be contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
We look forward to hearing from you!