Part-Time High School ELA Teacher
We are an all-girls high school located in Los Angeles. Our small school environment makes our school a friendly place to work and foster meaningful relationships with students.
We are looking for a dynamic ELA teacher who has great classroom management skills and is passionate about the subject. A teacher who can make English relevant, and can engage all types of learners is a must! Our students enjoy seeing the practical applications of essay writing and literary analysis, as well as being encouraged to think creatively and problem solve. This is a part-time opportunity of up to 8 hours weekly in the afternoon. A California teaching license is preferred but not required. Teaching experience is a must, preferred as a High-School English teacher.
Teacher Responsibilities Include:
- Following provided Scope and Sequence, creating lesson plans, and meeting curricular goals
- Contributing to student learning, growth, and advancement.
- Demonstrating academic competence in the subject area(s), and displaying an inclination for developing integrated and interdisciplinary work across the curriculum.
- Maintaining a growth mindset toward student learning, teaching practice, and collective professional development.
- Collaborating effectively with a variety of stakeholder groups within the organization and with external partners to increase student performance and contribute to advancing the teaching and learning craft.
- Recognizing the relationship between social-emotional learning and academic performance, and aspiring toward developing and teaching the whole child.
- Designing and facilitating differentiated and personalized learning goals and activities that follow a coherent sequence, are aligned to instructional goals and engage students in high-level cognitive activity.
For more info please contact us during business hours at 323-954-0900 or email [email protected]