JCC MetroWest in West Orange, New Jersey, is seeking a Family Engagement Program Manager to be responsible for creating a welcoming, warm, and inclusive community for families raising young children to connect with JCC MetroWest and each other through programming. Keeping with the J’s mission to strengthen the community and add meaning to the lives of the families we serve by connecting them to and through shared experiences.
This position will lead in the planning, design, and implementation of monthly events and weekly programs focusing on serving families with children 0 – 6 years old. The Family Engagement Program Manager will create relationships with families who participate and help guide them through other opportunities at the JCC when appropriate.
The Family Engagement Program Manager will work a part-time (20 hours per week) schedule (Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesday and Fridays) and will report to the Director – Camp Deeny Riback
Job Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited to:
- Identify families, create programming and services, and make those families feel welcome and engaged at the JCC MetroWest by promoting an environment of support and friendship
- Provide a safe, warm, loving, and welcoming environment, designed to encourage community and to build long lasting relationships through community engagement and outreach
- Plan, program and implement opportunities to gather by organizing small- and large-scale programs and events:
o Parent and baby classes
o Enrichment opportunities for parents and toddlers
o Shabbat experience
o Classes and workshops for parents and parents to be
- Assist with identifying Young Family Ambassadors who will work together out and about in the local area and on social media recruiting new families into the JCC MetroWest community
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed to run programs (Sunday fun days, Shabbat dinners, and holiday events)
- Work with directors of children and family programs to develop new ways of family engagement and outreach
Together with our fitness and wellness center, identify opportunities for health and wellness-focused programs with Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center, a JCC MetroWest strategic partner
- Ability to plan, originate, organize, and carry out programs
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Willingness to be an active member of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Work Environment / Physical Conditions:
- Operates primarily in a professional office environment
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] or Dana Gottfried, JCC MetroWest, 760 Northfield Avenue, West Orange, NJ 07052
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural, and fitness programs. Here at the J, we take every precaution to keep our community safe and healthy, as well as warm, inclusive, and welcoming.