Board Relations Manager
DC Metro Area/Hybrid
At the direction of the Senior Manager of Executive Office, this role supports the work of the Momentum Board and is based in our Rockville, Maryland office. The Board Relations Manager is responsible for planning meetings, managing the flow of information to and from the Board, generating reports, creating meeting minutes and materials, conducting research and communicating with board members regarding related activities. This position serves as the main point of contact for all board members, excluding Board President, for all types of engagement with Momentum. The Board Relations Manager also serves as a project manager on all Board-related action items and works with staff coordinators to ensure Board/Committee-related follow-up is conducted in a consistent and timely manner.
Board Administration: Serves as the key administrator for all full Board and Committee activities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Board Meeting & Retreat Planning:
- Board meeting and retreat planning, including the management and distribution of materials, communication with presenters, preparation of minutes, and facilitating the meeting flow.
- Creates presentations, provides logistical support during events, and follows up on actionable items.
- Provides main support for in-person meetings and retreats.
- Board Portal:
- Management of the online Board portal and communication tools, ensuring comprehensive, timely and accurate materials are uploaded.
- Establishes and manages a process for working with other staff who support Board committees to ensure relevant Committee based work is included in the portal.
- Periodically analyzes the Board communication needs, researches and recommends tools for continuous improvement for Board consideration, and implements upgrades as decided.
- Provides technical support with training and troubleshooting to enable the Board members to maximize the tools and data available.
- Committee Support: provides administrative support to the committees for which the Senior Manager of Executive Office is the staff liaison, including but not limited to meeting scheduling, agendas and minutes preparation, and follow up on action items.
- Project Support: provides administrative and project support to consultants and task forces serving the full board and/or Executive Committee.
- Onboarding Support: welcomes and onboards new Board members, ensuring they have the board communication tools, portal training, access to relevant historical documents, and understanding of overall Board operations.
- Compliance: Maintains bylaws and related incorporation materials and assists Senior Manager of Executive Office and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with ensuring the Board remains in compliance with relevant sections of the bylaws, including advance distribution of materials, quorum/majority levels, and maintaining minutes and voting history.
- Board Surveys: Compiles and disseminates periodic board surveys and summarizes the responses.
Event Coordination: Provides project management, logistical, and administrative support to Momentum events and functions that are hosted by Board members. Coordinates Board member attendance at external conferences and events including registration, meeting scheduling, materials preparation, and necessary follow-up.
Momentum Trip & Event Coordination: Coordinates Board Member involvement with relevant Directors and program staff for Board Members attending Momentum trips, or participating in Momentum hosted conferences and events
International Boards: Provides project management assistance to the CFO with the management of Momentum affiliate Boards in other countries.
Project Management: Provides project management support to other work functions as assigned at the direction of the Senior Manager of Executive Office.
Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant nonprofit function.
- Excellent PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a welcoming and professional demeanor both in person and by phone.
- Strong written skills with prior background in developing presentations and preparing professional correspondence.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, competently dealing with situations that arise
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, is resourceful, and learns quickly with strong problem-solving skills.
- Deep knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions strongly preferred.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours as needed including weeknights and Sundays that involve organizational events and meetings. Ability to travel to board and staff retreats several times each year.
Salary Range: $68,000 - $72,000
Momentum is a growing organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.