About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Wall Street Division of UJA Federation of New York seeks a proactive, self-motivated, and flexible Development Associate. The candidate will be responsible for significant strategy and dollars raised and must be able to work effectively with senior leadership of UJA Federation, both volunteer and professional. The activities of this division are fast-paced and high-energy; therefore, this role requires a team-player with the ability to multitask, trouble-shoot, and be a forward-thinker.
- Identify and cultivate financial services professionals with major gifts capacity.
- Develop and implement appropriate fundraising strategies to increase dollars raised for the annual campaign. Employ a variety of fundraising techniques, including one-on-one solicitations, fundraising events, phone sessions, and written communications.
- Responsible for having a significant role within the Wall Street Dinner, UJA’s largest annual fundraising event.
- Educate donors and prospects about the mission of UJA-Federation of New York through one-on-one cultivation activities, fundraising events, educational programs, and industry briefings.
- Organize and implement strategies for annual division event(s) as needed, including securing an honoree, organizing an event committee, leveraging existing leadership for fundraising opportunities, and interfacing with internal service providers.
- Organize agency site visits, volunteer activities, missions, and other meaningful activities (when safe and appropriate).
- Work with lay leaders and staff to cultivate donors, maximize opportunities for relationship building, and engage and solicit donors to increase dollars raised and expand donor base.
- Collaborate with staff in other divisions to develop and implement strategies involving donors across divisional lines. This includes collaboration with Fundraisers for the annual campaign, Planned Giving and Endowments Campaign, Capital and Special Initiatives Campaigns in order to maximize engagement of the donor and her family.
- Maintain records of donor portfolios and evaluate progress regularly with supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of fundraising and/or sales experience including one-on-one and phone solicitation.
- High degree of comfort with high-net-worth donors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer-service orientation.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multitask.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as active listening skills.
- Should be comfortable and adept at presenting and communicating via Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other remote-work applications.
- Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community and passion for UJA-Federation’s mission.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, creative with a sense of humor
The salary range for this role is $60,000 to $65,000; commensurate with experience and qualifications listed above.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.