Who We Are
For nearly 150 years, JFS of St. Louis has offered compassionate support and practical solutions to help people in greater St. Louis navigate life’s challenges. Our professional staff assist the elderly, protect children at risk, provide food and services to those in need, support families, and enhance community connections. We serve people in need, inclusive of all ages, races, religions, ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations. JFS is a dynamic organization, with committed volunteers and talented staff dedicated to an inspiring mission.
The Older Adults Case Manager provides comprehensive case management to ensure that assigned clients have the tools and resources needed to support safe living at home and maintain social connections as they continue to navigate new stages of life. The Case Manager collaborates with clients to develop and manage individualized care plans that facilitate and support continued independence and safety in the client’s desired living environment and provides resources and program referrals, including subsidized in-home support services, falls and hospital re-admission prevention, and counseling and friendly visits as needed.
- Responds to all new referrals within 24 hours of first contact to schedule the initial assessment with client. Confirms acceptance into the care management program after explaining the benefits to prospective client.
- Completes comprehensive assessments which identify medical, psychological and social factors contributing to client’s situation and evaluates these together with client’s strengths.
- Develops an individualized care plan with each client based on identified needs from the assessment and client input. Reviews the care plan regularly with client to assess progress towards identified goals. Adjusts interventions and completion dates as needed to elicit goal achievement.
- Refers clients to JFS programs, community resources and other organizations as needed. Follows up with clients and service providers to ensure successful and warm hand-off.
- Coordinates appointments to medical providers and arranges transportation if needed to ensure continuity of care. Communicates client condition changes to providers.
- Records client interactions, care plan updates and community resource information in ETO database for every interaction.
- Communicates to supervisor any issues that may impact service delivery or continuity of services for clients.
- Provides outreach and training to community agencies, congregations and organizations. This includes public speaking, managing information booths at community events and distributing informational materials.
- Represents JFS at community and professional association meetings.
- Demonstrates teamwork, compassion and high quality in delivery of care management services.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Complies with all company policies and standards.
Characteristics of the candidate we are seeking
- Passion for the JFS mission
- Smart, hands-on learner with outstanding writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of community support services and resources for older adults.
- Ability to conduct effective interviews and psychosocial assessments.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate case records.
- Ability to counsel clients and/or families in life management and coping skills.
- Knowledge of the use of office equipment, computers and related software applications.
- Master's degree in social work, counseling, gerontology, psychology, or related field.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
What you can expect
Competitive Pay based commensurate with experience
- Vacation and Sick Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance Program
JFS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type in regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.