itrek introduces tomorrow’s leaders in business, law, policy and STEM to Israel, helping them experience the country firsthand through peer-led, week-long treks. itrek’s unique peer-led model empowers students at the world’s top graduate programs to craft and lead an authentic experience for their classmates; experiences that reflect the diverse interests of the program’s participants and fields of study. Whether it’s meeting with members of Knesset, justices of the Supreme Court or technology companies, every trek brings Israel to life through a combination of education, culture and fun. Since its founding in 2011, over 19,000 graduate students across 103 nationalities have visited Israel with itrek, returning to campus with a more nuanced understanding and appreciation of Israel.
itrek is a growing 20-person team based in New York and Israel that continues to operate as a fast-moving and nimble startup. We love exploring new ideas and collaborating as a team to push ourselves and our thinking.
itrek is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to work alongside an entrepreneurial, global CEO. This person will become an important part of a fast growing team and will have a variety of responsibilities in support of the CEO and Board of Directors. This person will present itrek and the CEO’s office in a warm and professional manner to all stakeholders. An ideal candidate is responsive, thoughtful, self-directed, positive, and seeking a challenging role.
Day-to-Day Operations of the CEO’s Office
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the CEO’s calendar, including scheduling calls and meetings, prioritizing the most sensitive matters and ensuring the schedule stays on-time.
- Gather documents to prepare the CEO for meetings and provide advance copies of materials to allow for adequate preparation.
- Coordinate and make all travel arrangements, domestic and international and share thorough details about all itineraries and contact information.
- Organize meetings, including, sending reminders, preparing and distributing agendas and meeting materials, note-taking, technology coordination, and organizing catering when necessary
- Act as the point of contact between the CEO and others
- Manage information flow in a timely manner
- Provide project management support for CEO special projects
Internal and External Communications
- Provide communications assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting documents and presentations, and preparing communications on the CEO’s behalf
- Maintain familiarity with all department functions and external stakeholders in order to communicate with them effectively and accurately and brief the CEO on relevant topics.
- Facilitate the follow through of the CEO’s fundraising, program development, and special project activities
- Research and create documents as needed
Board of Directors Operations and Administration
- Coordinate and schedule the annual calendar of Board of Directors and Committee meetings
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with the Board members’ executive assistants
- Support the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas, materials, and minutes
Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of Executive Assistant or equivalent experience
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, time management, and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness to organizational priorities
- Ability to act as a gatekeeper and escalate relevant information as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, proactive, and forward thinking
- Confident personality and capable of being persistent when necessary; diplomatic and tactful
- Must operate well in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment as well as perform job duties with little supervision
- Must be able to professionally handle sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality
- Alignment with and commitment to the organization’s mission
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Familiarity with Israel a plus
- Dynamic and fast growing non-profit organization
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Generous vacation time package including Jewish and American holidays and the ability to leave early for Shabbat and Jewish holidays
- Paid sick leave and parental leave
- High quality Medical, Vision, and Dental plans available
- 5% company match on retirement savings in company 401K
Salary range $60,000-$75,000; commensurate with experience
itrek is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.