Temple Sinai Job Description
Title: Sunday Religious School Faculty (Part-Time) FLSA: Exempt
Reports to: Religious School and Youth Director Date: May 2023
Our teaching positions are part-time positions that will work under the supervision of the Religious School and Youth director. The first grade meets weekly on Sunday for two and a half hours. The curriculum covers Jewish holidays, Shabbat, mitzvot, getting to know the synagogue and much more.
Religious School Mission Statement:
Temple Sinai’s Religious School is an inclusive and joyous educational environment that cultivates pride and positive Jewish identity in our children by igniting a lifelong Jewish journey through a social, emotional, and spiritual learning experience led by our Religious School faculty, madrichim (teen leaders) and Clergy.
- Create and utilize a curriculum in partnership with the Religious School Youth Director
- Attend monthly religious school faculty meetings
- Communicate with parents, Temple Sinai Clergy, and other leadership
Expected qualities of a candidate:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Jewish knowledge/experience
- Classroom experience with young children
- Ability to interact with and communicate clearly to young children, parents, temple staff, and clergy.
- The Religious School First Grade Teacher will be paid $165- $180 for the contract year of September 2023 through June 2024.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Temple Sinai
Temple Sinai is a reform congregation in Stamford, CT, with roughly 370 family units.