We are looking for a mission-driven, creative, entrepreneurial director of marketing with significant experience in social media, paid advertising and audience development to help build our organization. This is a new, critical position in our start-up recovery center, based in NYC, for people with substance and process abuse disorders of all kinds.
Founded in 2018, T’Shuvah Center is in the initial stages of creating a long-term recovery community in the New York area for people struggling with substance and process abuse disorders. T’Shuvah Center is based on a model used at Beit T’Shuvah, an extraordinarily successful 30-year old recovery community in Los Angeles, California. T’Shuvah Center’s mission is to provide addicts of all kinds with the opportunity to build a community for recovery using a model that integrates Jewish wisdom, text, and ritual; counseling; the Twelve Steps; and spirituality. T’Shuvah Center’s spiritual-based model founded on action, authenticity and community is devoted to building a sense of belonging and purpose to anyone who seeks it. This holistic model treats the individual, the mind, and the spirit, all while building a vibrant Jewish community.
For more information about T’Shuvah Center, please visit our website: https://www.tshuvahcenter.com/about
- Provide strategy, project management, and implementation across all marketing efforts (internal, strategic partner and paid social campaigns) for T’Shuvah Center (a purpose-driven non-profit).
- Maximize the new customer ‘top of funnel’ opportunity, including organic, social and paid (within agreed budget parameters), working with Content Dept on execution.
- Build strategic partnerships with like-minded people and organizations to amplify and augment the organization’s visibility, effectiveness and impact.
- Bring your experience with the topic areas of direct response marketing, recovery, purpose-driven organizations and personal development into the role at T’Shuvah Center.
- Identify and test new and innovative growth opportunities
- Create , implement, and project manage all marketing strategies to drive B2C revenue, participation in paid/donation-based programs and awareness/fundraising campaigns for programs and events. Products and services include: live recurring virtual groups, 1:1 counseling/coaching programs, online courses, live virtual + in-person events/workshops, merchandise.
- Make metrics-driven decisions, leveraging data and analytics in strategic decisions by building a marketing plan against specific growth and brand goals.
- Take ownership of Paid Social to amplify brand awareness and achieve key KPI’s and optimal ROAS.
- Drive all aspects of marketing and ad management, including scheduling, optimization, outreach, ad copy testing, creative testing, landing page optimization, data feed optimization, and account structure and organization.
Implementation for this role can include:
- Write copy for emails, social media, ads, landing pages, community forums, video scripts.
- Build landing pages: copywriting, layout, design
- Email campaigns: Direct response strategy, copywriting, assemble campaign in system, and project manage creative development.
- Set up logic sequences (segmentation) in content management system
- Integrate systems and work with tagging/segmentation in the organization’s client management system.
- Advise on product development, including offer stacks, positioning, pricing, packaging organizational knowledge, resources and tools to support organization’s clients as well as revenue and impact goals.
Exposure + Audience Development
- Manage digital ads across Google Ads, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram. Provide high-level strategy, frameworks and system recommendations for generating organic and paid exposure, including content calendar development and execution, social media strategy frameworks for publishing and engagement, and lead generation strategies to introduce leads into the organization’s ecosystem.
- Identify target audiences and messaging to nurture those niches, and strategically drive them through the organization’s pipeline.
- Manage Content Manager through recurring meetings, in-between meeting support and project management systems (which may include, but is not limited to: Trello, Asana, Slack,email and Google Drive).
- Delegate and oversee marketing implementation both within the Marketing Dept. and inter-departmentally, as needed on projects.
- Provide training to the Content Manager + team, to increase sales and impact of marketing efforts.
- Provide organization with strategic partnership strategies and connect organization with aligned brands and thought leaders.
- Work with Content Manager to execute strategic partnership workflow.
- Oversee projects, identify action items, manage deadlines to support team members and drive projects forward with all stakeholders.
- Leverage systems including but not limited to Google Drive.
- 3+ years of marketing experience in a B2C company, preferably in the categories of information products/services, coaching/counseling and online learning.
- Experience working in a start-up or small company environment is a must. You will be working in an agile, scaling organization within a management, strategist and implementation role.
- Experience with the topic areas of recovery, purpose-driven organizations and/or personal development required.
- Strong knowledge of ad platforms, particularly Facebook and Google Ads.
- Understanding of analytics platforms (Google Analytics)
- Proven ability to drive performance and improve efficiency within the digital marketing channels
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to adapt quickly and develop creative and innovative solutions to obstacles
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems, CRMs and marketing software, including Squarespace, Kajabi, Infusionsoft, Zapier, Zoom, Facebook Ads Management (or comparable platforms).
- Experience working with teams using organizational communication resources including Slack, Google Drive, Zoom, Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with virtual teams in remote environments.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English language
- Strong time-management skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, self-starter who can also collaborate and skillfully receive feedback and direction.
- Familiarity with SEO and direct response marketing is critical.
- BA in Marketing, English, Journalism or relevant field (or relevant professional experience and work samples).
- Writing samples / marketing asset samples will be requested
- Some supervisory experience a plus
Benefits + Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Unlimited paid time off
- National and some Jewish holidays
- Monetary contribution toward health insurance premiums
- Some remote work (until we have a full in-person program)
Please send resume, cover letter, and sample marketing assets to [email protected]