Part-time position for Monday or Wednesday afternoons/evenings
JCP’s b’nai mitzvah program is an independent, non-membership based experiential Jewish after-school program that prepares children in 6th through 8th grade to have b’nai mitzvah ceremonies.
The program is part of the Jewish Community Project (JCP), a diverse, creative, inclusive, and open Jewish community and communal space in Lower Manhattan.
JCP is looking to hire talented and engaging b’nai mitzvah educators for the 2022-2023 school year to work one-on-one with b’nai mitzvah candidates in a unique preparatory environment on Monday or Wednesday afternoons/evenings in-person. Candidates will work individually with learners in a Hebrew/Torah skill-based curriculum, while boosting learners’ self-confidence and positive associations with Jewish tradition and Jewish adult role models.
- Be able to teach Hebrew, Torah trope, and prayer skills
- Be engaging, enthusiastic, and passionate about Jewish education
- Have experience working in diverse educational settings
- Be interested in learning and growing as a teacher and as a Jewish professional
- Be a team player, open to creative and collaborative work
- Feel comfortable in a flexible professional environment
- Be committed to sharing ideas
- Have a progressive approach to Judaism and denominationalism
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Daphne Logan, Director of the Hebrew School Project, at [email protected].
Compensation is $50 per 45-minute tutoring session.
To find out more about JCP and the Hebrew School Project, visit jcpdowntown.org.