The primary role of the Accounts Payable Specialist is to perform administrative tasks to help facilitate daily invoice resolution for vendors and grant payments. The AP Specialist is responsible for the full cycle Accounts Payable function, including auditing expense reports; matching invoices; issuing payments via check and ACH, and providing support relating to day-to-day operations.
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of invoices. Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Input all invoices and payment requests into A/P or Purchasing software.
- Maintain A/P invoice and A/P inquiry mailboxes.
- Download and import grant payments and related credits into A/P software.
- Process weekly check and ACH payment runs for multiple organizations.
- Manage employee expense reimbursement process and ensure compliance with company policy.
- Maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with direct supervisor and co-workers.
- Perform other tasks and projects as requested and assigned to support Accounts payable department.
Competencies and Experience:
- Minimum of two years of accounts payable experience
- Associate degree in accounting preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to communicate and enforce the organization’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to tabulate and input with accuracy and speed.
- Proficiency in Accounts Payable software, Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook.
The salary for this role is $50,000 - $55,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.