Temple Jeremiah is seeking a fun, passionate, creative, and thoughtful Young Family Engagement Director to join our team! The ideal Director will be creative, relatable, organized, and a dedicated mentor and partner. The director will also work with our URJ Olin-Sang-Ruby Union Institute (OSRUI) partners to bridge congregation and camp communities throughout the year.
Temple Jeremiah is a reform Jewish congregation located in Northfield, IL. We are approximately 800 families from across the Northern suburbs and Chicagoland area who come together to create community, learn together, celebrate with each other, and support one another. For the last 63 years our community has worked to support our families as they discover how Judaism can enhance friendships, connection to a larger world, and doing acts of tikkun olam (repairing the world).
URJ Olin-Sang-Ruby Union Institute (OSRUI) is an open and safe Jewish community dedicated to welcoming and valuing every individual. We recommit ourselves daily to growing this intentional camp community and tending to its roots: openness, inclusivity, sensitivity, Jewish tradition, and the belief that we are all B’tzelem Elohim – created in God’s image. OSRUI is a place where each community member is safe, able to enjoy all that we have to offer, and has the opportunity to become the best versions of themselves.
- Joyful and Relatable – Our new Young Family Engagement Director will have the opportunity to interact with people of diverse ages, backgrounds, and interests. If you love people and want to help them live their best lives that are informed and inspired through Jewish community, this job is for you.
- Communicate Efficiently – These days information comes at lightspeed from every angle. But that doesn’t bother you. You know how to connect with people on different apps (like Facebook and Instagram) and platforms (like SMS, email, and face-to-face) and who you can find in each space.
- Dream Big – The world isn’t one-size-fits-all and neither is our program. You like to try new things and flex that creative muscle. As our Young Family Engagement Director, you get to work with a team that considers new possibilities and strategizes to make them a success.
- Think Deeply – Learning happens in and especially out of the classroom. Not only do you enjoy personal learning and growth, but you want to make that happen for others. You are passionate about creating future leaders with all the talents, skills, and uniqueness they have.
- Get Stuff Done – You love seeing things through, both on your own and in partnership with others. You know what it takes to be a success and you know when to ask for help so that everyone can go from strength to strength.
About the Job
- Create meaningful relationships and memories – Connect with our young families (with kids in Elementary School, Middle & High School) one-on-one that facilitate community and joy utilizing our sacred home at Temple Jeremiah and the fun and resources around Chicagoland.
- Support families in community – Work with young families to help them find their passion within the larger community. Help families, kids, and parents know and befriend each other.
- Guide and collaborate with youth leaders and lay leaders – Supervise and cultivate emerging and current leaders in our community through individual relationships, program planning, working with madrichim (teen classroom assistants), and committees.
- Strengthen Jewish understanding and curiosity – Teach in our J-Quest (formal Jewish education) program and help to lead youth focused rituals during the year.
- Bridge Congregation with Camp – Work with URJ OSRUI staff to support and run monthly family engagement opportunities throughout the program year and up to two weeks at camp over the summer to support campers
- Facilitate connections with larger local and national Jewish communities – Cultivate partnerships with organizations and communities like NFTY/NFTY-CAR, BBYO, JCC, URJ OSRUI, Springboard/JUF, IsraelNow, Hillel and more!
- Partner with professionals and experts – Work with the clergy, educators, communicators, designers, and administrators at Temple Jeremiah to ensure robust, exciting, and meaningful experiences. Connect with youth directors and other professionals in the area to make the most of our resources and expertise.
- Prioritize people over programs – Safe, happy, and healthy people and families is our ultimate goal, and Judaism provides a wonderful environment to make that happen. Programs and events are some of the many tools in the toolbelt to help make that dream a possibility. In the end, it’s all about people.
$50,000-$60,000 plus benefits
- College degree or equivalent
- Strong relational, organizational, and technological skills
- Familiarity with core concepts of reform Judaism
- Familiarity with vocabulary and language of the Jewish people and culture
- Access to personal transportation
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO RABBI RACHEL HEAPS AT [email protected]