USY empowers exceptional Jewish teens to create exceptional Jewish experiences. For 72 years, USY has taught young Jews the values and skills they need to become exceptional leaders in their religious and secular communities. USY empowers youth to develop friendships, leadership skills, a sense of belonging to the Jewish People, and a commitment to inspired Jewish living through meaningful and fun experiences rooted in Conservative Judaism’s approach to learning, spiritual expression, and social responsibility. Through year round programming and domestic and international travel opportunities, USY inspires in teens a deep sense of pride in and love for their Jewish identity. To learn more, visit www.usy.org.
USY summer programs create an unforgettable summer filled with exciting activities, cultural experiences, and meaningful connections. 97% of parents say that traveling on one of USY’s immersive summer programs enhanced their child’s understanding and appreciation of Jewish traditions and practices. USY on Wheels and USY Epic trips are wonderful ways for youth to develop a lifelong connection with their Judaism. Whether teens are interested in tikkun olam (repairing the world), learning about Jewish history at home or abroad, or simply having fun in the sun, we've got a program that's perfect for Jewish teens. USY Summer Recruiters (Part-Time) will be hired to both meet with key community organizations to partner with for recruitment and proactively conduct outreach to individuals and organizations to recruit Jewish teens to attend existing programs for the summer of 2024. USY Summer Recruiters (Part-Time) will work directly with the Director of Teen Travel and International Engagement - USY, regional directors, and local congregations to recruit teens to participate in this memorable Jewish summer experience.
Several remote part-time positions are available throughout North America.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position reports to the Director of Teen Travel and International Engagement - USY
- Work with the Director of Teen Travel and International Engagement to gain a comprehensive understanding of USY Summer Programs and curate lists of potential participants
- Recruit Jewish teens to attend USY summer programs
- Meet with key community organizations to partner with for recruitment (i.e. local synagogues, day schools, federations, etc.)
- Hold parlor meetings for interested families to learn more about the programs
- Attend local programs for recruitment
- Contact at least 150 teens/families that are eligible for the programs
Supervisory Responsibility: NA
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1-2 years or more relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Knowledge of teenagers, teen engagement, and experiential Jewish education. While USY background and knowledge is a plus, it is not required.
- Experience in immersive Jewish education, whether as a camp counselor, youth group advisor, Birthright staff member, Hillel engagement position, etc.
- Experience building relationships and partnership opportunities with local professionals, local Conservative congregations and other Jewish organizations
- Passion for Judaism, social action, Israel, and overall Jewish engagement
- Familiarity and comfort with the principles of Conservative Judaism
- Ability to design and implement recruiting strategies
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Work Environment: The USY Summer Recruiter positions are remote, anywhere in North America.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Part-Time position
- Some evenings and weekends required, almost all of which are known far in advance