The Jewish Community Relations Council of New York (JCRC-NY), a proud UJA-Federation of NY agency, serves as the primary community relations agency for the Jewish community in the metropolitan New York area. As an active force in New York civic and communal life, JCRC-NY operates as a central coordinating and resource body to: (1) Be a common table to cultivate understanding and joint action amongst diverse groups within the Jewish community; (2) Cultivate deeper relationships with the broader New York community to address critical issues and engender a shared society; (3) Ensure the security of the Jewish community in the face of rising antisemitism; and (4) Foster increased understanding and appreciation for the Jewish community’s relationship with Israel among diverse groups of New Yorkers. Under new leadership, JCRC-NY seeks to intensify its community relations efforts, strengthen existing partnerships and build new relationships with diverse leaders in our city to advance the values, interests and security of the New York Jewish community and build a more interconnected New York for all.
JCRC-NY seeks a Program Coordinator to be part of a dynamic team working to shape the future leaders of New York City. This position is full-time and based out of the midtown offices of JCRC-NY as a hybrid model. This person will assist with the development, planning, and execution of our fellowship and coalition meetings and events.
- Report to Director of Operations and Program Directors
- Assist in the handling of day-to-day program administration including execution of program elements
- Staff and assist Program Directors as needed at bi-monthly fellowship and coalition meetings (there are evening meetings)
- Help recruit each new class of fellows and conduct outreach and site visits
- Communicate and connect with participants and engage them during and outside of meetings
- Identify, coordinate, and recruit/hire trainers for each meeting based on curriculum; prepare participants and trainers for each meeting
- Assist with evaluating the aspects of the program, analyze the results, and recommend changes for improvement
- Attend and assist with coordination of major events such as conferences, networking events, leadership retreats, volunteer outings
- Help update the website and social media channels for the teen fellowship
- Assist with the development of quarterly online newsletters that includes program updates and participant information
- Complete other tasks and assignments as instructed
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Must have an interest for working with diverse populations and youth
- Must be a self-starter and able to bring new ideas to the programs
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time well
- Must be willing to have flexible hours as some meetings take place in the early evenings
- Ability to work as part of a team
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].